No blower fan in auto or manual

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Stadnicki

Reaction score
My 2010 V6 Limited with auto HVAC has no blower fan at all in auto or manual modes. I replaced the fan resistor and the same. Pulled the fan a bench tested with 12VDC, it fired up and spun freely. I ran a EATC test and it made it to all LED segments on and that's it, no DTC's. I exited test and you could hear all doors resetting. I did hear clicking when I would select modes and found that to be the vacuum control module 1L2H-19D611-AB, Ford does not list part anymore, but I don't think it would cause a no fan condition... at a loss now :(

There is a chance its the hvac computer. That is why I dont like auto systems. I had the hvac computer on a '88 T-Bird replaced under extended warranty in '90. I saw the list price when it was on the service desk. It was $585, so that told me to never by anything with auto hvac again.

In my case it was the control unit behind the dash. It was an electronic box 2"x4"x4". The front control panel stayed the same. I was having fan trouble and temp control problems. Stange that I could turn the key off, restart the car and it would correct itself. Sort of like when you reboot your computer and it stops the the problem. Im just glad it happened just before my extended warranty ended. back then I didnt have $$$ for repair.
But that was a '88 t-bird. I dont know what ford is doing now.

Eddie, thanks for chiming in. I'll swap out a few more parts I have coming in (that'll be fan, resistor, vac control module, and fuses) if it don't work after that, I'm gonna need to find a shop to fix it. I'm not finding anything in my web searches and not much in the way of suggestions from FB and forums.

A guy on a Ford Trucks site helped me troubleshoot with schematics- it was a $13 relay under the hood (I pulled the wrong one to bench check...ugh). Well, I got new fan controller, motor, vacuum module for spare parts now.

Latest posts