"New" vehicle

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny O

Reaction score
I opened a second office of my company in the next county. That's why I haven't been around much. Been averaging 100+ miles a day and the Trac and the Astro are killing me with gas almost $3.00/gal, write-off or not. It isn't the mileage, it's the miles, plus $3.00 a day in tolls. Ergo the Trac will soon be relegated to commuting duty to my main office (all of 2 miles :D) and I found a '99 Neon with 120k for $1400 that will be the work beater. The ladder-racked Astro will probably be going up for sale soon.

Way to go JohnnyO! I can't blame you for saving the mileage on the Trac, I was dioing the same thing , using my 91 Explorer to go to work and back, BUT my G.Daughter grew up and is invading my insurance policy and my bank account and DRIVING the 91 Explorer to and from school, ferrying her brother and sister to and from school as well! SO, I am back to driving the TRAC to work and back daily! You're right it's not the mileage, it's the MILES I have to constantly put on the Trac everyday! I need a hoopty to drive that gets a zillions miles on a tank of gas! Oh well .....:wacko:

When I only had the one office it was fine. Hopefully the day will come soon when I have to be at the new one only two or three days a week. Things are very busy since the weather broke early, although as problems go, being too busy is a good problem to have. I had planned on having more people there, but one person quit to go into business for herself and the other two that I have trained to do estimates are having to do other work, so I have to do all the estimates in our busy season for two counties. "Plans" are often God's way of showing you that He has a sense of humor.

I didn't know a Neon could make 120K miles. My folks owned a '99 that looked flat worn out at 60K when they traded it in. It was kept garaged and well-maintained, but the black paint didn't want to stay married to the metal :)