New old subwoofer and amp / capacitor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Abson 3

Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen. My wife just called me, my friend just dropped off his cars entire sound system (minus head). I don't have specs yet, but I know the set up he had rocked! It contains a 12" JBL sub, the amp to power two 12" (one blew due to damage) and a capacitor. He is getting a new rig, so new sound system.

My quesiton is, not knowing specifics, and yes, I searched threads, can I fit a 12" in without making radical changes to my rig? I don't have the skill to custom make a fiberglass enclosure or to hack and wack my seats out to make a custom box fit between seats or whatever.

Can I fit a 12" under the seat or behind the seat? I will get specifics once I get home later today. he said he will help me install, just need a box.

Edit - scratch what I just asked, finally saw a 12" enclosre by hatchbox! Sorry for the now stupid question!

Last edited by a moderator:
Only 8" and 10" boxes are shown for the 2001-05 Gen 1.

Sure a custom 12" can be made, woofer depth permitting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I noticed that after doing a search. Should have checked first! Anyway, I sent in an email, hope to hear from them soon. The prices out here for a custom one reach excessive, like 250 to start! And I don't know how to make a good one!