New Muffler

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two things to consider. 1st. Their changing from winter blend to summer blend gas so you'll get better gas mileage and 2. It's getting warmer out which will give you better mpg's as well. I know when I installed my Flowmaster with duals I gained about a 1mpg increase but went up and really opened the trucks potential when I installed the Random Technology Ypipe and High Flow Cat. Huge improvement in power, mpg's, sound is awesome now, torque, etc... :haveabeer::banana:

My muffler guy tried talking me into a 40, but I went with the 50 series. I think mine sounds great on the 4.0L, I'd love to hear a 40 series on a V8!

I just took my muffler and silencer off and replaced it with a Flowmaster 50 series. My truck sounds awesome. This is a must do for gen2 v8's. Also did the Roush tip and it looks Kick Ass!! Next mod...Saleen Pulleys.

I would like to hear as well... I went Magnaflow and a Gibson 3" Cat-Back prepping for a blower. Love the quiet purr and then the cup style roar under full throttle.

How is the sound at Idle and at 35MPH crusing speed. I would like to get some good sound out of my exhaust, but not a loud one and not at idle.

Could you please advise in all other RPM ranges

Thanks!

I just went to the muffler shop... going to schedule next week for my replacement system

Dual out, stealth underneath exit in back.

going with Flowmaster 50 SUV. I hope it's not noisy inside the cabin.

Brian

Here is my take, I went Magnaflow 22" offset stainless. Immediate after getting home I swapped with 100 miles, the purr was much better but the overall response of the throttle before the blower was a huge notice. When you jump on it, you go. The best thing is I picked up 2mpg without changing any other item. Now to be fair, I did spend $74 more on a Gibson catback pipe to eliminate the 100lb resonator. Now with the supercharger, it screams under pressure but the harmonics are near OEM at highway speeds. Some people think loud is fast but only fast is fast. Loud is annoying on trips even if it's just to the store in my opinion.

Latest posts