New milestone

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreman

Reaction score
[Broken External Image]:

Well, I recently reached a new milestone with my Trac. I recently started a new job 180 miles from our house, and I have to drive it every week, and home on weekends. Have to move there before too long. On the way up last week I noticed I had crossed a milestone, so I quickly got a picture of it.

Still have the original engine and transmission, although the trans. took a moment to shift into fourth the other day. I was concerned it was finally going out, so I dropped the pan to check it out and change the filter. Red fluid and nothing more than a bit of gunk on the magnet. I did notice a couple of drops of fluid on the tailshaft, so I might have a rear main seal leak. Otherwise it's ok. I didn't think to check the fluid level before I dropped the pan.

On another note, the mileage is not going up any faster because I have to drive that far twice a week. 360 miles per week is close to the 350 miles I was driving in Houston (35 miles times 5 days times there and back) During the week it's two miles to work. Ain't small town life great?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! :banana: :supercool: :driving: I'm at 180k, I don't think mine will make it that far unless I put a new transmission in it; but kudos to you for putting all those miles on it!

Wow! That's a bunch of miles. My '02 has a little over 223K and I thought it was a lot, but it pales in comparison to yours. We sure must love our Tracs to put that kind of miles on it and still keep it.

I have to admit that I am surprised that none of you commented on the other piece of information shown in the picture...that I was running at 90 when I took the picture. I know I shouldn't take pictures when I'm running that fast, but it was at 5am on a Monday, and no one was within a mile of me on the freeway. Just fyi, the Trac ran better at 90 than at 70, even with 350,000 miles on it!

I have to admit that I am surprised that none of you commented on the other piece of information shown in the picture...that I was running at 90 when I took the picture. I know I shouldn't take pictures when I'm running that fast, but it was at 5am on a Monday, and no one was within a mile of me on the freeway. Just fyi, the Trac ran better at 90 than at 70, even with 350,000 miles on it!

Latest posts