New issue

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Martin 2

Reaction score
K so I mentioned in another post that I lost the cruise control and auto locks. I was backing into a parking spot at work today and a buddy told me my reverse lights are out. I assume this is all connected to the brake sensor? I just tried a new bulb and its not working either. BTW its both sides. Any ideas?

Eddie I have my column apart right now and my switch and wiring looks different then your link. I'll try to post a picture.

OK there are two pictures in my library now. Can you take a look and let me know what you think? All the wires are tight in the housing and everything moves freely ie no pulling of the wires.

OK so I'm an idiot lol I was looking at the wrong fuse for the reverse lights. Found it after ripping the steering column apart. Oh well it needed to be checked I guess lol

While you have the column apart. Check the slack in the harness. For the tilting issue. Good time to ty-rap more slack if needed.

So did you find the solution to the reverse lights being out? Mine haven't worked in about 2 years. Either has the mirrors, or cruise control or the auto locks. Some how I lost all of that. Truck runs well though at a 185k miles.

I had my backup lights out. Turned out to be a Transmission Position Sensor switch. Not a real cheap repair, though it's been a while and I don't remember exactly how much that cost me...

3G, wish you had more information about TPS switch. Like part # or anything else you can think of. Maybe I will go to Ford tomorrow and see what I can find out. I really wish I had the back up lights back.

Latest posts