new exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Shelley

Reaction score
O.K so the exhaust of the 2001 ST sounds GOOD (it kind of rumbles), however the problem is a serious leak/failure somewhere behind the cat. Has anyone done a Borla or Magna Flo or Flowmaster or Dyno Max or other install from the cat back.

Not looking for any increase in HP (but would accept any).

Let me know what worked for you. I have a driveway (no overhead lift) lots of time, lots of tools and great vocabulary (Truck driver requirement). Looking for your input.

Thanks.

Forget Borla TOOOOOOOO$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

magna-flo or the dyno max stainless is good. Shop arounnd...for $$

Ditto Dynomax SuperTurbo. Lowest tone I've heard for the 4.0L SOHC. However, it is one of the quietest performance mufflers for any engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my S/S Magna Flow exhaust on my 2004. I have it mated with the Random Tech S/S CAT and Random Tech S/S Y-Pipe. Sounds like a beast when I drive it. Of course it is mated with a CAI up front too.

I found my S/S Magna Flow on ebay a couple years ago. I think I paid $295 for it. Had a shop install it, paid $100.

Ditto Dynomax SuperTurbo. Lowest tone I've heard for the 4.0L SOHC. However, it is one of the quietest performance mufflers for any engine.

Quiet and low and cheap, like my women. $40

Don't tell my wife.:smack:

A few years ago I got a nearly new Walker high performance muffler from the salvage yard for my Bronco II. It had a nice sound even on the little 2.9. I believe it was/is the same thing as the DynoMax, just had the Walker name on it.

Latest posts