1. Welcome to the new home for MySportTrac.com!

Please click here to find all the info about the move to the new site!

To access your account you will need to reset your password here

New Colorado

Thread in 'Buying: Orders, Pricing, Financing, Dealers' started by Tim Dyer, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Tim Dyer

Tim Dyer Member 2nd Gen Owner V8 Engine

I got a lot of info here and wanted to say thanks. The Sport Trac is gone and I now have a 2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Crew Cab. I'm going to miss that large power back window but wanted a new vehicle and didn't like the look of the Ranger that's supposed to be coming out. Thanks, Tim

2. blksn8k

blksn8k Previously Roger Sunderland 2nd Gen Owner V8 Engine

Good luck with the Colorado.

Interesting that you don't like the look of the new Ranger since no one has actually seen the 2019 truck yet. Ford has already said the US version will have different styling from the Ranger sold elsewhere.

3. Mark K 2

Mark K 2 Well-Known Member 1st Gen Owner V6 Engine

I don't care what the new Ranger looks like. I had a 30 minute discussion with a designer of the new Ranger. He asked me some detailed questions about what I liked about the Sport Trac and what I'd like to see in the new Ranger. I said I'd HAVE to have a power rear window and hard tonneau cover. He said those will be options on the new Ranger. He also said a bed extender will be available. It sounds like it WILL NOT be at all like the econobox that the old Ranger was. He said it'll have most of the features as the Edge or Explorer, except as a 4-door midsize pickup.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2017
  4. Bo Loo

Bo Loo Well-Known Member 1st Gen Owner V6 Engine

I've been eyeballing the Colorado/Canyon, but $35,000???

I know they come cheaper, but I want crew cab 4x4 for my next truck.

5. EddieS'04

EddieS'04 Previously Eddie S 1st Gen Owner V6 Engine

I hope they got away from that anemic 5cyl.

6. blksn8k

blksn8k Previously Roger Sunderland 2nd Gen Owner V8 Engine

Mark, just curious but were you disappointed with what the designer told you? It sounds like it will meet your requirements...:grin:

BTW, did you happen to ask him what engines the Ranger will be available with? I'm hoping for the 2.7L EcoBoost V6.

Eddie, I assume you are referring to the previous gen Colorado? Not that I am defending it but the new one comes standard with a 2.5L in-line 4 cyl or as options either a 3.6L gas V6 or a 2.8L in-line diesel 4 cyl, I think.