New clutch is installed -- Now that's what I'm talk'n about!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Sachs clutch is installed, and I really like it & recommend it. The Sachs clutch came with heavy dutey springs. It shifts really smooth, almost effortless. The old clutch was down to bare metal, and the machine shop the surfaced the flywheel did an outstanding job since it was within a hair of needing to be replaced. Now to schedule my son to do the body mount bushings, and I am good to go.

:banana: :driving: :supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job Rodger, I have a similar '02 ST, same color too and has just turned 100k miles. Thankfully I am still on my original Clutch. I am fortunate to have taught my two boys to drive stick partly using my truck and another car. Hope I am not talking too soon. Had one problem about four years ago while driving home from work in traffic on the I95, the truck could not go into gear, had to turn the truck off, put it in second gear and nurse the truck home, my fear was that I was going to need some type of clutch component or clutch.

When I got home I decided to check for fluid leaks to see if the master or slave clutch cylinder was leaking, nothing there. So I decided to check the fluid level in the reservoir, not expecting that there should not be enough fluid in it. Why?,I thought Ford sold the truck with a full reservoir and also because all the time I was taking my truck to get it serviced, part of the service was fluid top-ups. Never in my wildest dream would I think this was not the case, well the reservoir turned out to be almost empty, just a bit left.From then on I decided to work on my truck myself.

I filled the reservoir and did some pumping of the clutch and have routinely checked it since. So far so good.

Anyway thanks for posting the info about the clutch. By the way, I sent you an email about the body mount and did not hear from you, so please post again when you have changed the mounts. I couldn't bare hearing the squeaking so I have treated the problem with WD40,made a ton of difference but I dearly want to change the mounts. Please let me know if you went back to OEM or use the polyurethane ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts