new battery (OMTIMA RED TOP)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAVE WILLIAMS

Reaction score
Got a question. I drove my truck all day without turning it off. As soon as I went to pick up my son, I shut the truck off, To my surprise when we got in it wouldn't start. Not even that click, click, sound. The lights, stereo all work fine even very bright.I asked for a jumpstart and just still nothing. I know the starter and alternator and ignition switch were replaced less that 5 months ago. What could it be? 2001 ford sport trac 4.0 4x4 95605 miles very clean in and out.

Dave

Battery could be bad, not enough amps to crank the starter, but enough to run your lights and/or radio. If the battery is bad, a jump start may not work as well.

I'd start with taking an amp/volt meter and see how many volts your battery is putting out with everything shut off.

If the battery is weak, Autozone will test and recharge it for free.

If the battery is weak then the lights will dim drastically when the starter is engaged. I don't believe it is your problem. If the lights don't dim at all the starter or relay is probably bad or a bad connection.

I found the problem would you believe it was a frekn fuse. 50amp fuse under the hood in that black box that has about 40 fuses. 1 of them was blown.

Latest posts