New 4wd module worked! But won't go into 4wd low

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshi Benson

Reaction score
So I just replaced my 4wd module in my passenger side kick panel, and he lights came on when I turned the engine over and disappeared just they are supposed to , now I turned to 4wd low first and INSTANTLY 4wd HIGH came on. No matter if I switched back and forth it still was in high. It disengages fine. Any answers?!??

Put truck in park, then into 4wd low with foot on brake if I recall. Check the owners manual. You cannot put into low on the fly like you can high.

Level Ground, Put switch into 4WD....... Then put truck in NEUTRAL, then switch to 4LOW, you may have to lightly take foot off brake and back on. It will go in to 4wdL.

Todd Z

Thanks Todd, I knew there was a sequence but fuzzy since I only use it when I got to the OBX once a year. I always have to get out the owners manual and look it up.

Thanks . I'll try that , it makes sense since 4wd high is a automatic choice driving in all rough terrain and 4wd slow is like a granny gear . Thanks for the help !

Thanks . I'll try that , it makes sense since 4wd high is a automatic choice driving in all rough terrain and 4wd slow is like a granny gear . Thanks for the help !

Again, do the 4 X 4 monthly to keep things moving, include all modes on the switch.

with 206,000 miles on my ST keeping all parts moving is a priority.:supercool:

Latest posts