New '08

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Having owned an '02 (still in the family at 100,000 miles...looks and drives new) and a current very stock '04 I am ready to trade up the 04 to an '08 ( 2500.00 in incentives to do so is nice..... I can buy a new '07 with 3500.00 incentives but do not like the color Oxford White). Any thoughts on whether I should go for the V-8 or continue with the V-6. Gas here is 3.05 and climbing. I see 4.00 a gallon next summer. I will not be building a new one but rather buying off the lot and living with the pre-determined XLT or Limited options. Any thoughts, general or engine related, as I plan to puyrchase an '08 pre-Thanksgiving. Thanks

as you, i have had an 02 and an 04 adren. i now have an 07 4x4 fully loaded V-8 limited. you will find that the difference between the gen 1 and gen 2 tracs are huge. the ride and built quality of the the gen 2 is much better than the gen 1. the V-8 has plenty of power for a truck and i am pretty certain the gas mileage between the 6 and 8 cylinder is not much of a difference. you are still going to get poor mileage from either. i get about 14mpg, but i have a heavy foot. my only disappointment is the transmission issue ( read numerous posts regarding TSB's ) and the crappy plastic "chrome" wheels.

try to negotiate a better deal and shop around numerous dealers.

good luck

Hi:

I have an 07 4X4 V-8 XLT ST and I love it (except for a couple tranny oddities). The mileage for both engines is very close. On the highway, I get up to 22 MPG and mixed I get 13 -16 MPG. Why not go V8 then? The V8 has noticeable power over the V6. If you are going to tow, the V8 is the way to go. Also, get the Class III/IV hitch since they are welded to the frame and it is quite expensive to upgrade later(see previous posts).

Gary
:D

Ditto on the above.

I have the '07 V8 and there's not enough mileage difference between the two engines to make it worthwhile to move down to the V6.

If gas price is high on the list of concern then you need to be looking at other vehicles.

As they said, the mileage difference between the V6 and V8 is not enough to worry about. If you want noticeably better mileage you'll have to look to a different vehicle. I have an 08 with about 3500 miles and no problems. Love it!

My '07 is the Dark Pearl Blue Metallic and I really like the color. I have to thank my wife pointing it out to me on the lot!

Gary
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
red with black interior is the way to go stay away from the chrome package and the way they get thbe extra HP from the v8 is RPM so be ready for higher numbers on the tach if you put your foot into it with after market exhaust sounds good. Magnflow!!

Bill

Latest posts