Networking Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob Dryer

Reaction score
I have a wireless IP camera, works great internally on my network. I'm trying to setup access for when I'm on the go. I've got a working dyndns.org account, and when I put it in my browser it takes me to my router login, which is great.

So I set port forwarding on the router to go to my static address of my camera, and that should make redirect then when I put in http://my.dyndns.org:cameraportnumber

Doesn't work, I've tried changing ports on the camera (and then modifing the port forward too) and nothing. I know port forwarding works, since I have a remote desktop utility that I use for work works fine.

Anything I'm missing?

I have tried just about every kind of camera and security software you can find.

For around the house , i found a new program thet seems to work really well with IP cameras or Webcams.

You could check it out and see if its what you could use.

Its a free beta right now and works well on my Vista Ultimate computer.

That is a software to run on a computer, I'm trying to access the video feed over the internet from outside my network.

Thanks though.

Latest posts