NEED SOME URGENT HELP .....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So i go to start my truck this morning after i got off work and i crank it and nothing happens. I have power its jst the engine is not starting. So i try again and push the gas down this time and it stars up but as soon as i lifted my foot off the gas the engine shut off. So the whole 8 miles home i had to ride the brakes and keep the rpms high enough so my truck wouldn't shut off. I am not very mechanical at all so any advice would help. I need this truck to work so i can work.

Thanks ,

Jonathan f.

There is a project on cleaning it in projects section. Also try starting it again and see if the same thing happens. Sometime the computer gets a glitch and goes away on the next restart. Also I have been getting some weird electrial happenings, including the glitch. I know now it was my battery getting weak. I replaced it today.

Last edited by a moderator:
unsure about the miles on the fuel filter i just bought the truck a month or to ago. i am sure it is time to replace it. thanks alot guys. i appreciate the advice, and will update yah'll if it's not the problem.

jonathan:D

Probably some weird computer gremlin. Trying disconnecting your negative battery cable for about 15 minutes while cleaning the IAC. You should see some of the weird $hit mine does every once in a while:blink:

Chad

Latest posts