Need new remote

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Watts

Reaction score
Well, after thousands of clicks over the past 210K miles, I think my remote (key fob) has finally given out. :sad: And it's been so long since I've used the key that the lock cylinders don't even turn anymore. :angry:

I've already pulled out the second remote, but want to replace the first one so I thought I'd ask if anyone has an extra one laying around that they don't want anymore. If not, where is the cheapest place to get a replacement (besides ebay)?

Thanks in advance.

I picked one up from a guy parting out an explorer sport on Craigs List. IIRC I paid $5.00 for it, and he said he had no use for the remote. You might look there for a compatable vehicle (3 button remote fob) being parted out

I bought my vehicle at a non-Ford dealership. It did not have any keyfobs with it and I mounted a mild protest. They looked around and found a ford fob, but it has 4 buttons (a trunk release). When I went to my local Ford dealership to have a spare key made, they were able to get this fob working...so it might not need to be so specific.

I got a extra remote and two keys from them off ebay. I had great great service. Google

Midwest keyless.

:banana:

http://stores.ebay.com/THE-REMOTE-KEYLESS-ENTRY-STORE

I'm a newb so forgive me if this is a duplication. I've a 2001 and started having problems with the remote a month or so ago. Sometimes it won't work at all, sometimes it works great, and sometimes it works only if you're right at the door. I changed the battery out and that didn't help. I got my spare, which has been rarely used, and have the same issue.

Any ideas? Doesn't seem like it's a problem with the remote as much as it does with the sensor mechanism (or however the thing works).

Thanks