Need help with this purchase...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Maguire

Reaction score
Okay so I'm currently active duty Air Force and I own a 2003 ST and love it to death. My issue is I need a vehicle right now and I can't get my 03 down here (albuquerque) from home(Pennsylvania) so I'm looking for a new one. I found a 2007 and 2010 ST. both are very good. And both are at the same dealer. Now they are both 4.0 v6. Same price for both of them $19,500+ tax and tags. The 07 is limited, beautiful on the outside, inside, and underneath and has 24000 miles. Really like it a lot but I know the 07's have engine and tranny problems already plus this is an auction car but was sold at auction by a dealer to the dealer it's at now. It's a lot I know. I'm so flustered. I WANTED 4x4 but neither one has it which is a major let down but nonetheless great vehicles. Any info or knowledge on the 07 problems or 10 model GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.

I had an '07 Limited 4x4 (V8) and now have a '10 Limited 4x4 (V8). I noticed several differences (improvements) over the materials, fit and finish, ride, comfort, seats, rattles, engine, transmission shifting, etc. between my '07 and the '10. The '10 is truly superior in many ways.

It is quite obvious to me that Ford didn't stop making improvements all the way to the end. I would go for the '10.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a 07 Limited, thought it was fine. I think you'd be fine with either one. My preference would be the one with lower mileage.

Can only believe the 4.6 V8 would be much better for towing. Be patient, they're out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
First question....what is limiting you from bring your 03 to Albuquerque? From my observations, it seems like you're leaning more toward the 07 since you gave more info on that, than the 10. As a few have mentioned above, I would prefer the newer, 2010 model. I believe that is the last year they made the 2nd Gen-ST.

Something else worth considering - there's lots of car transporters out there who'd leap at chance to deliver your '03 to you. Pretty easily arranged online.

Latest posts