Need a security system for my Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a security system for my '05 XLT? My truck was broken into Sunday morning and I never want this to happen again! This thief busted out my window, cracked my windshield, destroyed my dashboard and ran off with my CD player.

Any advice/recommendations would be great! Thanks.

If you're gonna get a car alarm then get a good one with the display screen on the keychain that shows which part of truck is being messed with. Look at Crutchfield or Best Buy, etc. Don't go cheap, it's not worth it. JMO.

I have a Viper sys. on my STA and i really like it. Dont have the fancy Fob with the display though. Has a remote start which is really nice for winter. Just be careful with the remote, sometimes the buttons get pushed in your pocket and you have to mess with the remote to get back to norm. Had to do it twice.

Its also nice when some stupid ass lady wants to put her big ass purse on your truck and you activate the loud alarm and scare the living crap out of her. Then yell at her for putting her big ass purse on your truck.

I just installed the Viper Smart Start on mine with the alarm option.

Two operation (meaning that I get noticed sent to my phone). In my case, it lets me know if the remote start worked and the vehicle is running, if the alarm goes off, if the doors are locked or unlocked, and I can close the windows as well.

What is nice about this is, I can be in Kentucky and my car be in Ohio and I still have total control.

I got this system due to how often I travel and want to be able to both start the car as soon as I land at the airport (which is WAY TOO far for a traditional remote start) as well as be able to start my car and let it run and charge up the battery when I am in another state and Ohio is having a NASTY snow storm...

Latest posts