Navigation Unit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Cifelli

Reaction score
Just about done upgrading my 08's stereo to a factory nav unit. Been more of a pain then I thought. I went to Ford to get it programmed and they said it cant be done. Now i am sending the unit off to a ebay guy who can do it for 75 bucks. I still have to run a couple wires and change the streeing wheel switch. Anyone else tried this upgrade yet?

Wow, I was thinking of doing this in my 09... basic unit now and wanted to go to the OEM Nav. Harder to find for 09 due to the sync and new system with link.

So, what did you pay for the unit on Ebay as I seen them as low as $800 and high as $2000? Do you have any pictures you can share or comments for anyone attempting to do this?

Thanks in advance.

They were a little lost a Ford. They told me after contacting the tech service line that Ford said since it was not the orignal vehicle configuration they would not support it and recommended that I put it back to original. Guy or ebay with a great rating told me he could do it for 75 bucks and it will work 100 percent. He gave me the part number for the steering wheel switch and instructions on the two pins that need to be run.

slb8snk, I paid 750 for the unit, 26 for the switch and 75 for the programming. When i get the unit back I can give an update and post photos...

Latest posts