My Rant about Todd Z

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Deege

Reaction score
First off let me give you guys some background. I have an 01, 2dr sport with a job 1 motor(oil fill on drivers side) and I tried to put a Volant CAI in and it did'nt fit, not even close. Apparently things are positioned differently with this motor and you have to be very carefull when you try to get some aftermarket stuff. So before I ordered a MAC, I called Todd to see if he had a CAI that would fit my motor. He said he did'nt, but since I only lived about 30 miles away he invited me to come to his house and he would fabricate something from one of the units he already had. Can you believe the nerve of this guy, he actually invited me to his house. So I get there, and he has me pull my X in his driveway under one of those portable tents so the X can cool down and we would'nt be so hot working on the intake. Needless to say I was furios. He then proceeds to dismantle the stock unit and starts measuring pipes to fab up the new unit like we were at a pit stop. What unmitigated gall! He even went so far as to make sure all the fittings were secure and tight. He even put extra zip ties around the breather bypass to make sure that piece would'nt fail. I was applalled. After what seemed like no time at all the unit was in and we were ready to put the neg cable back on the battery and start her up. He even had me clean the battery terminal. Talk about being thorough. I was livid. It started up without incident and ran and sounded great( I bet that's what he planned on the whole time). So before I left he offered up his services to me if I had any other projects I may need help with. What planet is this individual from? On the drive home I figured I would get on it a little bit to see how the intake performed, and I gotta tell ya, the throttle response was great, the sound was great, and I cursed Todd all thae way home.;) Ha Ha, Ha. If you're on the fence about getting a CAI for you're ST or Explorer, don't put it off any longer, this unit performs, and it's over 100 bux less money than the big boys and it won't rust like a MAC. You know, I've seen alot of nice things written on this site about Todd and I thought it was just steam, but he's really a stand up guy and I just titled my post that way so everyone would see this. Once again Todd, thanks for your help, I really do appreciate it. Mike............:D

LOL gotta love the porto-tent all set up and ready to go for when you got there!

I agree, Todd Z is the MAN!:banana:

Not trying to "blow sunshine" here. Most you guys know Todd very well, from MySt.

Wasn't kidding when I told him he'd be "retired" and "graciously living" had he been charging for is invaluable "tech support" and "hands on" skills. Todd Z is a "rarity" indeed.

Hope the "what goes around, comes around" belief becomes reality and full circle for him.

Damn good human being you are, TZ.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL......

Thanks mike,

It was a pleasure to meet you and for you to allow me to simply destroy your ST with a hammer, spray paint and blue electrical tape !!!!

I guess you picked up on my easy going sense of humor and my sarcastic side as well...

Thanks again !! :cool:

Todd Z

And Todd when might you be swinging by Atlanta? If you are ever here I will LET you work on my ST, figure you may get antsy if you are here sans ST and may have a need to at least touch one.

Latest posts