Muffler recomendation (besides flowmaster)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for suggestions on a replacement muffler for my '01 ST. I'm not looking for loud, the quieter the better but I would like something a little more free flowing. I'm looking for extra towing power and maybe even a little increase in MPG. Curious what you guys are using and maybe even part numbers if available.

I have a Flowtech Raptor ($20 from NAPA) and single straight out the back with a Flowtech Dual outlet resonated tip. There are pics in my library and also a sound clip. $140 total installed.;)

Magnaflow would probably be a good choice for free-flow and low-volume exhaust note. Though you're looking for something else a flowmaster super 70 would be a good choice too.

Spaceman, I think that this is the one you are referring to; which is the one I chose for our ST:

The 70 Series Big Block II is designed using a large Flowmaster case for maximum volume and efficiency. The case is two inches narrower than Flowmaster's original Big Block Muffler, making for easier installation in tight applications. The 70 Series offers a mild mellow exhaust tone and incorporates a Resonant Tuning Chamber for reduced interior sound levels.

Application Recommendations:

High Performance applications

Late model trucks

Tow vehicles and RVs

Vehicles with dual exhaust

I know it says not Flowmaster. I talked to Flowmaster today at the Good-Guys car show about putting headers and a true duel exhaust on my Trac. He said they had tried several times and cannot get the computer in the Trac to work properly with headers and duels. He said they will figure it out though. Really nice people to talk to.

Latest posts