Monroe Reflex or Rancho RSX

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking at replacing the shocks soon. My ST mostly see's highway with some city driving. No off roading and not much hauling or bed loading over 500lbs.

Any recommendations for replacement shocks?

Last edited by a moderator:
Replaced mine with Monroe Sensatracs about 2 years ago. About ready to do another replacement. Good shocks for the money. I do very little off roading(but when I do, it's somewhat heavy stuff). Sears has deals every once in a while....

I agree with the Monroe Reflex. If I'm not mistaking the Reflex and the RSX are either the same shock or very, very similar they are made by the same company. I went with the Reflex on all four corners and changed the front endlinks to Energey Suspension 4 1/2". I will be changing the front swaybar bushings tomorrow with Energy Suspension.

Hope this helps

I love my RSX17000 shocks over the OEM stockers. They've been on there for about 8months now and still going very strong. I do mostly highway driving as well with very little city. They seem like they may be a little stiff, but the comfort level they give me is what I like most.

Either which brand or style you decide to go with, always look out for the better deal. I had gotten my shocks from Summit racing. I believe I payed around $58 per shock. Welp, good luck on what you decide to finally choose.

Just purchased sensa tracs for the front and the load leveler sensa trac for back. got them from northernautoparts.com for 159.66 they seemed to be the cheapest i could find!

Latest posts