Mods for my '09 STA

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LILFOOT

Reaction score
My first Mod for my STA is gonna have to be a TOW package.

I cannot find a real trailer hitch for this truck and the little 1.25" hitch is kinda a disappointment.

Is there someone who makes a regular sized receiver, or will i have to weld my own ?

Also, i imagine i will want the trans cooler for this as well.

I have what looks like a mounting bracket in the lower air dam.

Anyone have a clue as to what parts i need to plum and mount a trans cooler ?

I have a 6x12 Haulmark trailer, i use for trackdays and camping.

And i would really like to sell my old truck, so i can put the $$$ towards some forced induction.

The only thing others have done is. Find a good welder willing to do the work, and change the bar size. I think one member also bought the complete frame piece. Another just changed the center bar to 2".

Depending on you trailor weight. You might use an adapter insert.

There was a company that made one that sat below the factory one a while back But I am sure those are no longer available.

Best is find a truck Spring shop, OR welding shop and have them cut and install one.

a Good body shop can do it too.

Todd Z

Todd Z said:
There was a company that made one that sat below the factory one a while back But I am sure those are no longer available.

I saw one on a Trac once and it hangs REALLY low. Best option as Todd Z said is to cut off the Class II receiver and have a Class III/IV welded on. The crossmember itself is no different.

You have a class II receiver on a V8 STA? I thought they all came with the Class III/IV receiver...

I tow a 6,000# Travel trailer with mine!

Latest posts