Michelin Tire Decision

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cynthia Grant

Reaction score
Hi! I'm at the point of needing new tires for my 2003 ST (209K+ miles and still going!). I've used the LTX M/S2s for the last couple of rounds of tires, but am being told those are not being made anymore. Looking at Michelin Lattitude Tours, LTX Premiere or Defenders. Has anyone had good or bad experience with any of these? I am not sure how much difference there is between the various models from Michelin. All my previous Michelin tires did well and lasted for about 50K miles.

Also need to put new tires on a 2011 Nissan Murano I recently purchased. Thinking of the same tires for that as well.

Thanks for any input!

I always buy tires based on the Temperature, Traction, and Treadwear ratings stamped on the sidewalls. The best tires will have a Temperature rating of "A" Cars, and perhaps "B" for truck tires. A wet weather Traction rating of "A", and the highest treadwear rating you can find with the best Temperature and Traction rating.

...Rich

My Trac came with Michelin's and except for one cycle where I tried a set of Toyo's, I have been extremely pleased with the performance of the Michelin's. Over 220K miles of street/Highway miles. 4x2 with very limited off road use. All my set's lasted over 60K miles.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can look for your tires on tirerack.com and see how they rate, or google the tires you are interested in and add the word opinions. :haveabeer:

Love my Latitude Tours. 25k with no appreciable wear. Smoothest riding truck tire I've ever owned.

Only complaint is they appear under inflated due to the soft sidewalls, even at 35 PSI.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 78,000 on my Latitude Tours and I probably have 10,000 more miles left on them. They are quiet and smooth. I would go with the same tire again. I buy from the Ford dealership.

Latest posts