Metal vs Plastic Thermostat?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noviastar

Reaction score
Hi, well 4 days into being a new owner and the main problem crops up. The plastic Thermostat is leaking from just about everywhere. Thanks to the forum for having a lot of discussions on coolant leeks!

Now i've noticed a few places on the internet that a Aluminum thermostat body is available. I'm wondering if people have experience with those. Or do ya just go plastic and replace them more often?

i got the truck for a good deal so i"m not worried spending a bit more on a part that will hopefully last longer. Any advice on the part?

If it’s a 4.6 ford. The have a updated intake with the cooling tubes and thermostat housing in that’s all aluminum but the intake is still out of plastic

Last edited:
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Sells the Austekk Aluminum T stat housing...... Supports the supporters....

Sells the Austekk Aluminum T stat housing...... Supports the supporters....

Todd I just received the 2 Austekk Aluminum T stat housing that I ordered from you. It was very fast and painless making for a great experience. They look beautiful and are well made and additionally they make the original Motorcraft T stat housing look like junk. I am happy I decided on the Austekk. I agree we must "Support the supporters" and therefore choose to patronize you. Thanks again for the excellent service and all your technical advice. :)

Latest posts