MAP Sensor Location

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In-line with the air duct. All of the air coming into the engine passes thru the MAP. So you will find it between the air filter (air box) and the throttle body...

CJ, that is this MAF not the MAP. Not sure if the trac has a MAP. I thought they went away with the speed density systems. If not look on the firewall or some where on a vaccum line.

I heard that it may not have one and that it only has a MAF sensor which I found located between the Air Filter Box and the Throttle body. I am trying to add a MAP Sensor Enhancer so that I can add a Hydrogen Generator and tell the computer make a little leaner mixture.

You guys have been a great help. Now I am wondering if I can use the MAP sensor for the MAF. Not sure I want to chance that. Again thanks for your help!

I see,,,

True, in some cases there is not a dedicates MAP sensor. Often, it is just the MAF and or is artificially fed via the MAF direct to the ECM/PCM.

I assumed when you asked the question you were looking for either or as I believe in the case of the Trac, it is a MAF sensor only,,,

There is no MAP sensor. Only MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor located at the filter box.

Latest posts