Makin a Roof Light Bar

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylor Young

Reaction score
hello everyone i at school right now trucks at home but i gonna grab some metal on the way home what are the dimensions of the stock roof bars?

how far apart are they? has anyone made one before? was looking through all the sport trac of the weeks for ideas but not many out there?

going to do square 1" turbing and 5 4" fog lights uptop i want to mount it to the stock racks dont mind screwing into them.... would prefer not tho if someone had any ideas

also dont want it to be to tall or i feel it will look to crazy... and dont wanna buy the cross over bars and mount to that.

anyone got any cool ideas for wiring aswell i know to run in rear roof brake light then through headliner down a pillar to dash... i may do a 3 light or 5 light switch jsut to be crazy... who knows lol

thanks for your help guys let me know what you did or if anyone has 2 minutes to run out and measure for me that would be great thx

There was a member (I think it was "Mud") a few years back that made one using a Yakima roof rack system. He mounted the lights to a cross bar. I'll see if I can dig up some pictures.

that would be awesome even when googled there are no ST with lightbars there are a few with the whole cages but no designated light bars

Another cool thought would be adjustable in someway as in fold down lights or with a few adjustments in angle to perhaps angle down in fog or snow etc. something like that. I am going to do some engineering tonight for sure! Get out the welder and grinder and go to town. I guess i will have to make a project forum on the whole process!

Latest posts