Magnaflow

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you running one or two tail pipes. I had a Flowmaster 40 single to dual installed. The passenger side pipe was pretty difficult to run around the spare tire. I had it done by a local son and pop shop. $500 installed with 2 double chrome tips, all welds (no clips/clamps) and all brackets to the frame have rubber inserts for damping. Search my handle for January 22, 2014 for the original post. My library has several pics.

So my tip on installation - hire it out.:banana:

Most shops around me, charge $50 to install a kit. Imo, the magna-flow sounds good. But for a V8, got to have true duals.

It is a single exhaust . Duels on a 4'6 don't make a lot of sence to me for such a small engine displacement. It looks good but I don't see the expense and headache installing duel exhaust with stock engine. My corvette is another story. Taking advice getting installed Tuesday.

Cheers

Wayne,

One thing about the gen2 4.6L is. Being multi-valve it is a deep breather. The 3 and 4 valve versions develop the best power across RPM's, with long tube headers and duels. Of coarse there are no headers for the trac.

My issue is with a V8 though, is. The true V8 sound with true duels, and the couple extra HP & TQ. Providing using the right size tubing, and mufflers. Im old school....LOL

If I had a V8 I would have to duel it. Just me. You will get good sound and a little oomph with single magna-flow kit. Anything beats OEM...LOL

I installed on my 2008 4.6L Sport Trac in my driveway. I backed the truck up on a pair of ramps and that was it. Worst part is getting old system off. Dewalt reciprocating saw with a good blade made easy work of it. When you install the new system make sure to leave everything loose until you have all parts in. Then working front to rear tighten things up but don't go crazy as you may need to adjust. once you are happy snug everything down and enjoy. I really like the sound and at WOT it sounds awesome. These are heavy trucks with 300HP so how much performance do you expect and unless you are going to supercharge or turbo this exhaust is perfect.

ENJOY :supercool:

Statement above does not represent the site or others and is soley my opinion.

Not sure if they ever changed their instructions but if I recall correctly there was an issue with where they told you to cut the original exhaust in front of the muffler to be able to get it out.

Anyway, I have never regretted installing this system on my '07. It still sounds great after seven years and it was a fairly easy install in my garage.

Save your receipt, mine lasted about 70,000 miles before the rear polished tip welds let loose and fell off. Had to cut off all the clamps, solid rust.They sent me a new exhaust system but I had to pay for shipping and send them the old system to California. I love the sound though!

I made the mistake of buying the Magnaflow kit as recommended here on the site but the tiny words on the web site where I bought the kit mention except Adrenalin. Sure enough the installer got the old system off and then discovered the bars that are used to attach to the vehicle were off by several feet. So, I had to go with a Wagner brand that has a system that fits the Adrenalin model. Apparently, there is something different underneath between the Adrenalin and the regular XLT. I would not have thought so but sure enough the bars were not made for this truck. I learned my lesson...check to see if there are any Adrenalin issues with a part. I get the vehicle back tonight. They tell me the Wagner has a similar sound as the Magnaflow but not as loud...that is ok.....just want the performance. Old muffler was rusting out anyway so it was time.

Latest posts