Lowering Parts/Kits for 2005 XLT 2WD

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ean Stanhope

Reaction score
Looking at the possibility of lowering my truck, but having some issues finding any parts that fit...

If anyone could provide suggestions as to what parts to get and/or reliable links for parts, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Trying to go for maybe a 2-3 inch drop in the front and dropping the rear to level it out (4-5 inches?)

My truck is lowered 2-2.5 in front and 3 in the rear. Explorer Express sold a kit and I also got some torsion keys from Illusive Fabrications. This was all years ago.

You will need lowering blocks and new U bolts for the rear. Personally wouldn't go any more than 3 inches. It doesn't leave much suspension travel at all. I also have smaller bump stops and it still hits them often enough

In the front you lower it using the torsion bar bolts or drop keys. I really wouldn't go any more than 2.5 in the front. I have removed the bump stops and instead it just rubs the fender liner

http://shop.illusivefabrications.com/drop-torsion-keys/ranger-explorer-drop-torsion-keys/

Here is the link to the keys if you want to go that route. I know nothing of blocks maybe someone else can chime in

If you do lower it you're going to want some new shocks asap. I use the doetshe tech nitro slammer from Brian at Illusive

Latest posts