Lower control arm bushings

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bart

Reaction score
So I need to change the bushings on my lower control arms. Question is, there are two bushings on each control arm. A front and a back. Ford says they are different but amazon and rockauto says they are the same. Does anyone have experience and know for sure if they are the same or not. By the way I have a 2004 xlt 4x4
Thanks

Just buy the arm complete with bushings and ball joint.... Easiest way... Aftermarket look ups use universal fitment stuff some times... the arm is cheep enough and the labor saved is huge..

I think the easiest way is to just put it in the shop and let someone else do it. Yes that is the easiest way. The cheapest way is to do it yourself. That is the way I need to do it. Out of necessity and the fact that I kinda like working on it myself. Will most likely clean and paint it also. Found the moog bushings for $17 a set and the moog ball joint with grease fitting for $25 as opposed to the moog control arm with grease fitting are around $100 each. They had to have the fittings and I have the tools and paint so why not.
PS. The answer to my original question is yes they are different, a forward and a rearward bushing.

Well there ya go. You answered your own question.

I'm answering this for posterity. I'm looking at a new front control arm right now. The bushings are installed and they look and measure exactly the same. FYI: Mine is RWD.

Latest posts