loosing coolant

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Fenwick

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Loosing coolant the past few days, I smell it after a stop. 'thought it was a water pump but the mechanic could not find any leaks. It is wet under the passenger floor mat (heater core?). Lotta work that , thought about some stop leak. Has anyone used that and which one is better? TKS guys Ed

Is what wet coolant or water??? use a white paper towel and feel it... Only other way is pressure test the system and find the leak.... the T-stat housings are know for leaking too and burning off so you don't see a leak.

you can bypass the heater core for a few days and see if its still loosing coolant.

I don't see green color on the paper towel. It is wet though. I'll try to pressure test the system and see what happens.

I'm getting traces of dried coolant about my theromast housing...and thus my coolant overflow tank creeps down over time. That might be part of the problem for you...but unrelated to floor wetness.

Thanks John, I looked at that first thing. It is clean and dry.

Latest posts