Look what I just bought!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Except Bootsy has an '07 V8. Todd is working on a bigger MAF and Ford did something right in that the stock intake draws air from in front of the radiator.

Todd, any idea when a modified MAF for the 07 V8 might be available?

Bootsy, I would wait to see if Todd will offer a modified MAF before you purchase one. More than likely his MAF will have the largest bore diameter, but let's see what he says about it.

after 50 a man either has an affair or buys a motorcycle, for me my ST is my motorcycle

then i'm doing really good, i'm 35 and i've got both (motorcycle and ST). My wife's always asking me why i'm the only one that drives the new ST:unsure:

Yeah I will wait to see if Todd offers one.

LOL, I wish i could have a motorcycle. My partners mother told me if either one of us got one, she would kill ME! Oh well, more money for the ST. :)

I bought the Magnaflow for my 07 Sport Trac V8 from Performance Center as well and it was $358 with free shipping. It was delivered Wednesday and I just installed it today. Be careful with the instructions as they tell you to cut the pipe in front of the cross brace. That's all well and fine but, with the bend over the axle, I couldn't get the exhaust to drop. I had to cut right in front of the axle as well. Also, the rubber insulators are a beast if you have any miles on it. I solved that with silicone spray and a screwdriver wedged in the grommet for leverage. It's definitely easier with two people, especially when adjusting it after installation ;)

Let me just say that the video clip Magnaflow has on their site doesn't do the sound justice. It sounds AWESOME! It's actually very quiet at idle and at constant speed. There is no droning at all but when you give it some gas, it gets progressively louder...I'd bet his mileage dropped because he was flooring it more often! I have not had it dyno'd but there is a noticeable improvement in power. Seat of the pants estimation would be 1/2 to 1 second off the 0-60. It is definitely under 7 seconds now :D I don't know how the mileage is yet as I just did it and I wasn't exactly holding back.

My next mod will definitely be the Zabteck TB and then the Xcal2. I don't like the soft shifts and the delay in throttle response. When the MAF is ready I'll do that as well. Does anyone know of a true CAI for the 07 4.6? I can't find one.

BTW...I have an ST and a motorcycle as well :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice RanDoM. My Magnaflow has been shipped but hasn't arrived yet. Did you do your cutting with a hacksaw? Do you think the exhaust would have dropped with only the one cut if it had been over a pit? I am glad to hear that there is no drone when cruising because I am going to be taking a long roadtrip soon. Good to hear that he sound exceded your expectations, I was standing in the street the other day and a Honda Ridgeline went by, half a block away he decides to punch it, it sounded like a vacuum cleaner, that alone is reason to favour an ST.

The first cut started with a reciprocating saw but the blade bent halfway through so I finished with a hacksaw. I went and got new blades for the second cut.

It may have dropped if I cut it behind the cross brace but the bend going over the axle is a beast. Even with the second cut, I had to drop the tire and remove the heat shield to work it loose.

Latest posts