1. Welcome to the new home for MySportTrac.com!

Please click here to find all the info about the move to the new site!

To access your account you will need to reset your password here

Lokar Transmission Dipstick Brushed Billet Firewall Mount AOD

Thread in 'Aftermarket Parts' started by OLE442, Nov 13, 2018.

1. OLE442

OLE442 Well-Known Member 2nd Gen Owner V8 Engine

I'm really not happy with having to crawl under the truck to check my transmission fluid level. Really a crappy way for FORD to have designed my Sport Track (only thing worse was having to pull a rubber plug out of the interior tranny tunnel behind the radio in my 1969 MGB-GT to check the fluid level....but at least it was odd but British). Anyone here use this on their Gen 2 Sport Trac?? Will it work and will the fluid level markings be the same as the Mustang? Mine is a V8 4WD Gen 2.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/lokar-t...iwu6YACJ4bOLjbrn3bGN8I6u94flJrMxoC5V0QAvD_BwE

2. EddieS'04

EddieS'04 Well-Known Member 1st Gen Owner 2 Wheel Drive V6 Engine

I think the last AOD was in the '93 'Stang. That was a complete different tranny.
    '94 was the AODE. Not sure when it became the gen tranny the tracs have.

3. OLE442

Anyone know what would work to give my sport Trac a traditional tranny dip stick? Part numbers and source. Seems like years ago there was a way to accomplish this!

4. Todd Z

Todd Z Well-Known Member 2nd Gen Owner V6 Engine V8 Engine

There is one that people are using on the explorer page i'm not sure and don't have a link, But it works....

Look, the other thing is trust the trans, If there is no leak the level is fine.... No need to keep climbing under there

5. OLE442

I thought for sure someone on this site had posted a link. I had it saved in my favorites in my old computer but evidentially it didn't transfer over for some reason. I've searched and posted here and on the Explorer Forum with no luck so far.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  6. Kent Brown

Kent Brown Member 2nd Gen Owner 4 Wheel Drive V8 Engine

There is a way that I have thought of for some time, however it is more work than I am willing to put into it. I'll jut keep checking the floor in my garage and not worry any more about it.
    You could get a 90 degree elbow with threads that match the trans plug threads. Then you would have to get a tube that extends up to the firewall. You would have to manufacture or somehow get the correct dipstick. It would all work once you put it together because the trans oil would fill the tube to the level it is in the trans.
    It would all be possible if you took the time and did the work.
    Good luck
    The cj pony parts dip stick won't work because it appears to go into a machined hole on the trans then probably has a clamp that holds it down. All that is not going to happen on the sealed trans of a Sport Trac.

7. Todd Z

Todd Z Well-Known Member 2nd Gen Owner V6 Engine V8 Engine

The mustang one works but the dipstick is short I believe..... PML and other companies may have on their sites, or muscle mustang may have both.
    Kent,
    The gen 2 doesn't have any threads on the side that would allow for a straight shot..... Best thing is there is a pan out there with the welded tube and it works perfectly...

Just have to find it.... :-(