Likely trans issue after hard breaking

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjy0724

Reaction score
I purchased my 2010 ST a little over a year ago, one thing I have discovered with my ST is that it seems to have an issue when I have to brake hard and come to a stop. When this happens, one of two things generally happens, when I am allowed to drive again my ST acts like it is in neutral until I hit the gas and the trans re-engages or very infrequently it will actually stall. I have at least figured out that if I brake hard and I am able to gradually release the brakes before coming to a full stop the issue rarely presents itself, but if I have to maintain that hard braking until I come to a complete stop it pretty much always cause the issue.

Maybe some one with a gen2 will chime in on this. Some of the owners had to get the dealer to upgrade some software to the TCM. to correct this. Yours could be a different issue though.

It turns out that my issue was that my clutch pack was shot, once it was replaced the transmission has been working perfectly.

Thanks for the update