Leveling kit or Shocks/Strouts

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I want to put a leveling kit on my 2003 Sport Trac but my shocks/strouts are rusting pretty bad. Every time I'm on a bumpy road my truck bounces a lot. Will putting a 1inch leveling kit make a difference or will I have to take care of my shocks first?

Do you mean Ready Lift torsion bar ends or the simpler torsion twist with your factory bar ends? I did the Warrior shackles in the rear and the Ready Lift in the front of my 2003. Would of preferred a body lift so I would still have stock suspension travel. Sounds like a torsion twist would be good enough for you if just levelling.

... so I would still have stock suspension travel.

Many do not consider this and the effect changing the ride height has on ride quality and traction, particularly on bumpy terrain. My 2001 rides level with no additional or after market parts; just adjusted the torsion bars to raise the front about 1/4".

In general, my advice is maintenance before upgrades. You might consider both - replace your shocks with a higher quality set which would be maintenance and an upgrade. I have the Rancho RS9000XL that have adjustable damping and they are great for me and my style of driving.