LED LIGHT BAR

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly Cremar

Reaction score
I just purchased a 50'' Nilight Led light bar for my truck, cause i want to give it that off road look. The light bar looks awesome only thing that sucks is the brackets it came with are to mount to top of truck which won't fit anyways if i drilled.

Does anyone know what kind of brackets I can use to fit my light bar??

I found these Auxmart mounts on Amazon, there's a bunch of different sizes, and they say they fit the Ford F-150, I'm having a hard time finding the windshield dimensions, though.

But some of these look like they have angles and if the info I saw about trac windshield being ~53" across at the top, you only need the brackets to get you 1.5" closer on either side, some of them look like they do.

As always, I hope someone else can double check the specs before this gets recommended.

And if you do put these brackets on, please post pictures of the process (maybe make a post for the projects section?)

https://www.amazon.com/Auxmart-Straight-Mounting-Brackets-2009-2014/dp/B01A0M70OQ/

Well turns out i had to return the light bar because they told me it was too big and they recommend that i go for a 39'' bar but i would still have to mount to the top which i want to stay away from to avoid leaks and rust. so now luck with light bars and my sport trac

Here's my short bar on a Westin Safari bar. It's wired to my high beams.

9d0788a608495d8f5dd275dadeee1aa8.png

Mark that looks awesome, I might end up doing that on mine, but I don't have the bar.. think I could just mount it almost in the same spot as yours. How does it work?

Kelly, sorry to hear you had to return, there are not that many sources on the internet for searching for windshield dimensions.

It really kicks out the light. I was expecting it to be half-assed when I installed it, but I was truly blown away when I turned on the high beams on a stretch of rural road. Just make sure whatever you buy has Cree or Sylvania LEDs. My bar has one watt LEDs. The outer ones are flood reflectors and the inner ones are spot reflectors. IIRC, it cost $60 with free shipping.

Mark, do you have any pictures from when you installed it?

I've bought some 18W LEDs (CREE) before and mounted them on my dad's snowblower with a rectifier. They work wonders... let me see if I can find the imgur album.

So that's a 48W bar? I'll check it out.. do you have any other information on it

No pictures. I cut off the rusty old round lights with an angle grinder and installed and wired the LED bar. It only took five minutes to install the bar. Looking back, it's a 144 watt bar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark, was there a reason you put the LED bar so low and not up top near the grille?

Also, how did you angle it; flat or aiming up/down a bit? <-- did you park in the street at night to see how it would look while aiming it?

I mounted it where the mounting tabs were on the Safari Bar. A couple of inches in height doesn't make a noticeable difference. LED bars don't need to be perfect in their alignment. I just made the lens of the light bar vertical... I eyeballed it.

Latest posts