layed off

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric huskey 2

Reaction score
I got the call today that I'm layed off until Chrysler goes back to work. I work for an automotive electronics supplier and 80% of our work is for Chrysler. I guess its gonna be a long summer.:unsure:

Yeah, I was layed off back in Feb. For a moth then they brought me back for two short runs to Jersey and back and Camp DevilDog and back and the next week they let me go. To boot they got around the system so I can't even claim unemployment.:(:angry::angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear that. Maybe this will help...

NSFW = not safe for work

Rating = R due to language and adult content

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that sucks man. I feel for you. 2 buddies of mine are tier 1's OBD and Test Engineers were pinked slipped this morning. I'm sorry to hear.....

best of luck to all, this downturn is effecting everyone, young an old.

I do some volenteer work for a group in my community called senior services resource.

Am seeing long retired people in there 70s and some in there 80s, coming in, needing help to get back in the work force, lawyers, doctors, plumbers, carpenters, electricians.

These people are a treasure trove of experiance, yet getting them work is almost impossible.

Granted the future depends on the young, sad that they cannot find work.

You need to be creative, you need to go after ANY work, even at far lower wages.

The cream comes to the top, if your the best of the best, work will come to you.

Just be creative, do whatever you have to do, I did.

That stinks man.... Hope the best for you...

Todd Z

Sorry to hear the bad news. Good luck to everybody during this slump. The company I work for is about out of business. I have been on furlough indefinitely until I get a call. (don't think it will come) Good luck with your call Bo.

That sucks.

I read this morning that Chrysler is closing 800 dealerships. Added to the 2200 GM is closing, that is a whole lot of people losing their jobs.

Just read on one of the local news channels' web site that 15 Dallas area Chrysler and GM dealers are on the cutting block. Two of them are owned by companies that I have worked for.

I dodged the layoff bullet yesterday. My entire dept. was dissolved; my VP and manager re-assigned. One of my co-workers let go with 6 weeks severence. I get to keep my job, but report to a diff. dept.

Unless business picks up, I give my job a year or two tops before it's toast.

I just applied for the new 9-11 GI bill, so I think I'll start after that degree!

I wonder if I'm at a company that is suffering from death by a 1000 cuts... January 1 we had 95 employees. March 1 we had 60. Today we have 55. Those of us left have taken a 7.5% paycut. This week, I had a major project and have 60 hours in so far (BTW, I am salary...).

But, at least I have a paycheck and insurance....

Latest posts