keypad help asap

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie frenzel

Reaction score
I need to know how many numbers are in the key pad code? last year I got the code and then never used it and now lost it. well I have been having some battery issues and i started the trac then pulled of the battery cables and the the trac stayed running so i shut it off and left the keys in the ignition. then replaced the battery and the doors locked when I hooked up the battery. With my key in the ignition and the spare in my wifes purse on the passanger seat. Now I remeber all the numbers are odd and 0 is the last number. I just need to know how many numbers are in the code itself. And if the key pad will even work with the key in the ignition? Then I will figure out all the combinations til i get the right one. If you type in the wrong code do you have to wait any time to type in the next code? randomly punching in numbers I got the doors to lock twice. does that mean i punched in the right code?

I believe it is just 4 for the basic code. Plus additional numbers to open other doors.

Pressing the right 2 buttons together locks the doors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine has 5 numbers

Jamie,

The original code on all 4 of the ST's I have had have been 5 numbers. The correct 5 will open the drivers door and then pressing the 3/4 button will open all the rest. Good luck.

Rod

i still cant get in! will the door unlock if the key is in the ignition? I even put a clothes hanger in the door and pushed the unlock button and it will not unlock why could this be? i know you can unlock the door with the button with the key in the ignition. what do you guys think? my wife thinks we have a spare door key at the house bad news is its about an hour away. we are getting a ride there and back tomorrow. this sucks I didnt want to stay at the inlaws another night.

All of this headache, another night at the in-laws (sympathy extended!) two hours home & back because you "might" have another door key ...............call a locksmith man! Basic AAA with battery jump starts, flat tire change, emergency fuel delivery, and vehicle lockout service. is like $42 a year ............. consider it.;)

Then I will figure out all the combinations til i get the right one. If you type in the wrong code do you have to wait any time to type in the next code?

Anti-scan feature

If the wrong code has been entered 36 times, the keypad will go into an

anti-scan mode. This mode disables the keypad for one minute and the

keypad lamp will flash during this time.

The anti-scan feature will turn off after:

one minute of keypad inactivity.

pressing the UNLOCK control on the remote entry transmitter.

the ignition is turned to the ON position.