keyless entry remotes stop working

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Baker

Reaction score
funny thing happened tonight the wife and I went out to switch our trucks around in the driveway and we both pressed are keychain remotes at the same time and nothing happened neither truck would unlock so we tried several more times and nothing. I have a 2009 st and she has a 2002 st both with ford factory install remote starters mine a 5 button and hers a 4 button. so after unlocking the doors with the keys we move the trucks and i went back into the house i tried our origanal 3 button remotes and both for my truck work and both for her truck work. Is there any chance that by pressing the 2 remotes at the same time that we some how deprogrammed them..... I tried reprogramming mine by holding the swicth under the dash for 15 sec waited for 3 horn beeps pressed the unlock button on the remote and nothing..... Non of the 5 buttons on the remote work I am at a lose i will stop by the dealer tomorrow on the way home from work but feel really dumb going in with this problem if anyone has any ideas they would be helpful....

Thanks

Baker

Give it time to reset...... If the truck sensed a signal like a thief trying to figure the frequency it locks out the keypads...

See if they work in the morning...

Todd Z

I would agree that it was a cause of the "same time push." And like Todd suggests, give it time to reset.

If that does not do it, you will need to get the sequence of how to program the remote.