KEY PAD ON DOOR

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a card that has the factory programed code that should be enclosed with your owners manual and warranty information.

Read this link and follow a few of the suggestions to find your code.

Best of luck....I found this using the search feature.

Paul H

secondary? so there is a primary too?

okay okay okay.... if you wanted to change the 5 digit entry sequence... can u?

instead of 12345 u can make it 54321?

The "stock" code cannot be changed, but a second code can be added and changed. This is good to provide access temporarily.

The primary code is permanently in the ROM of the module. The owner is allowed to create and maintain a secondary code at the owner's discretion. Instruction for doing that are in the owners manual.

I Know. Most of us already know that, but a few are newbies. :D

Is it possible to buy a new module? The fact that I have a used trac makes me edgy over the code--someone else has to know it.

The previous owners didn't include the card with the code, as I had to track it down myself, which to my suspicious sense makes me think that they intended to horde it for themselves. Whether I'm being noidpara or not, I'd still like to know if a replacement could be made.

There aren't that many possible combinations, sadly, as there are only 5 real numbers to make a code from (as opposed to 10) :(

13579=24680

I have been meaning to add my trac number to my wifes escape. Sometimes I need to get in and I dont have the key with me..

The number of combinations (each number used only once and in one order) is 24. Since the numbers can be used more than once (and in any order), it is the number of permutations that is if interest. The number of permutations is 5!/(5-5)!=120. So, there is one sequence that cannot be changed (the factory set code) and one that can be any of 120 permutations (including the factory set code).

Last edited by a moderator:
and you can try 33 times to guess the keycode before the system shuts down for, what, 15 minutes?

Doesn't seem as though it would be that hard to infiltrate :(

So if you don't have a key to start the vehicle. And you can choose between attempting to press random numbers for an undetermined amount time or... breaking a window in a matter of seconds. Which is the easier choice??

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, if the numbers can only be used once each, the number of possible combinations is 120.

Since you can use them more than once, it's 3125.

I JUST RETRIEVED MY CODE FOR A 2003 SPORT TRAC.

THE CODE IS BEHIND THE PASSENGER AIR BAG ON TOP OF THE

ANTI THEFT CONTROL MODULE. Drop me an email and I will give you the instructions

and tool list for retrieving the code.

Latest posts