just shoot me in the head dear

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Barber

Reaction score
going back to my yurt, can no longer tolorate living in a gated retirment community, my next door nieghbor was a star pitcher for the dodgers, mid 50s, played on the PGA tour, the guy is 86, I have to go over every couple days and help his wife pick him off the floor when he falls down, wears diapers:(

he wanders off, we get in the golf carts and go find him, bring him home, is dyeing of alzhiemers, always has a smile on his face, is a very happy guy.

guy across the street, star center, played for the niners, 1949/53, great bud of mine. two total knees, two total hips, is a ship wreck, he is 87.

Told my wife today, I get like that, put a pair of gloves on, pop me in the head, put the gun in my hand, call 911.rant over.

This is way too tempting. Bill, I've felt this way myself and can empathize with you. You just need to do whatever will make you happy. Just as long as you stick around here to impart that wonderful sense of humility that you have. BC

Growing up, we had a black woman as a neighbor. A nobody, just somebodys mother and the son is dead. Alone and blind. Get calls from life alert need to check on her. Stuck in a corner and can not find her way out of it. Open the door, talk to her, take her by the hand and lead her to her chair.

Get a call one day, she isn't responding to life alert's contact. (There is a base in the room. Once in a while, they beep her and ask if she is OK. She says yes or no. If no response, they call us. Get a phone call, go over there, she is upside down on the steps. Fell down and broke her neck. Did not suffer much.

Old black man across the street. Don't know much about him. Alone and no telephone. Nobody cares about him. Sees me outside one day. Yell at me to come over. He has to switch out his trach tube. Wants me there in case he can not get it back in. Call 911 and stay with me so if they can not get here in time, I won't die alone. Away on out-of-town business. Parents not home. Changed tube by himself. Had trouble. Died.

Got two elderly neighbors where I live now. One is on oxygen. Locks herself out of her house all the time. Has kids but they hate her and never come around. Another woman, in good health and shape. Watches our home when we are not there. Youngest of 15 kids. Widowed with no children. No other family. If we are still living there when she ages, we will be there for her too.

Just a bunch of nobody's living in a neighborhood full of other nobodys. To me, they are someone.

Be there for them and pray someone is there for you when you need them.

Tom

Yup......... Tom if you have kids let me know where they move too....

no one here gives 2 S*&* about me now, once I get old I will need some one to take care of me as the ones I cared for years don't care now about me and I am sure never will......

Bill,

Getting old sucks ( So i am told)..... Parents may seem to stink, But i am sure something happened to sour them and their kids...

My mom worked for APS ( Adult protective Services)..... Took care of the parents that kids left behiond....

#1 reason the kids left them to live in their own feces, stink, broken down houses, and all sorts of bad things.... Guess ??? MONEY !!! the parents had it and never gave the kids any...

I also BET the kids were spoiled little PUNKS and did not deserve it..... unfortunately the parents sufered.... The kids fought... and 1 child was left to care for both while the rest of the family lived miles away without a care...

Todd Z

Todd, Im in the same boat. Almost 60yrs old no children. Always been self suffient with or without a wife. I suppose when I cant take care of myself any longer. I guess I will go get me a heartattack lap dance or suicide by cop...LOL. Jokeing...

I have thought about would I do. If I do come down with decrepid ill health, in old age. I wont have any family caretakers either.

I'm with you, Eddie...

50 y.o. and live alone. (No one could possibly put up with me for long! lol) Parents dead, I have restraining order on my brother, so you know we don't talk... I can only hope that I go quickly. I know my dogs will be well taken care of, and that's all that matters!

I'm torn between two options:

Take me to my son's house and I will sit on his couch until the end of time. Pass me the remote, I need another depends, get me another beer. Seems only fair.

or

Fill the boat with gas and beer and head straight out into the Gulf until the gas run out. Fish and drink. Some Mexican will get himself a nice flats boat.

:smile0014:

Hey guys!!! Make GOOD friends with the Caymen in your neighborhood and Will them your Trac.

That should be their incentive...

:smile0006:

Last edited by a moderator:
I get like that, put a pair of gloves on, pop me in the head, put the gun in my hand, call 911.

This is way too tempting. Bill, I've felt this way myself and can empathize with you.

I need to start reading messages more slowly and carefully. The first time I read this, I thought that Bob had responded to Bill by saying, "This is way too tempting. Bill, I've felt this way myself and can euthanize you."

:smile0007:

Hey Redfish, let me know when you're ready and I'll drive you out in the gulf in your boat and drop you off. My only fee will be a nice flats boat! :smile0006:

OK

You Should know. The boat will be out of gas (you can use my eperb), It will take me a couple of days to finish off the beer (you can help if you like) and worst of all I practice catch and release so you won't have any fish to bring back.

No worries, I'll have my husband lay in wait until we run out of gas and beer. He'll bring me more gas when you're good and done. Also, we practice catch and release too, so no problems here.

let me know when you're ready! :)

We are friends with a couple that are both 89 years old, been married 68 years... To each other. The missis is blind and has diabetis, Hubby has also had his share of medical problems. He recently quit driveing, so we takem to the bar each week for our "support Group" meeting. They are as active as they can be. Their kids keep telling them to be more active but never show up. Biggist problem I have is the husband likes to stand on the Sportrac running boards and jump to the ground while yelling "a leap of faith" I just hope that if I reach their age, that I'll be as much fun to be with and can enjoy life as they do. (but I wish he would not jump from the Sportrac):smile0006:

Latest posts