is there a difference in the beds?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronson Lewis

Reaction score
Alright guys I'm about to buy my ST! And I was wondering its going to be an 03 so can I get a bed off a 07? Will it work I don't really like the lllloooonnnngggg tail lights on the 01-05 but I really like the tail lights on the newer models. Thanks for yalls input.

Not a direct fit, or sizing... gen 1 smaller by a lot..

Todd Z

Putting the Gen2 taillights on the '03 would be a lot easier. Not easy, but doable for a good body shop.

Lets take a look at this from a different viewpoint. Since you are about to buy a used ST, it would logically seem that you won't have any extra money floating around for a few months. So think like a hot-rodder of days gone by, what would look cool, that nobody else has and won't break the bank. Why not eliminate the taillights and the opening. Don't know how you would cover that much plastic, but a junked second bed might be in order. A REALLY good body shop would be able to do this, then put in LEDs for brake/turn/back-up lights. Just a thought. Bob

Along the same lines as Bob C mention, but without all the body work. First use a Scotchbright pad to lightly sand the taillights. Mask off the round taillight and backup light as well as a round spot over the reflector with a good quality painter's tape so you don't get any bleeding under the tape, and then paint the entire taillight to match the body color of the Sport Trac. Remove the tape to expose the lights and add several coats of clear to match the gloss of the body paint.

This was done by one of our members way back in about 2003. He owned a body shop and painted his truck an irridescent, color shifting blue/green color and painted over his taillights as I have mentioned above. That gave the truck a very cool custom look, and made those big ugly red lenses all but disappear into the body. The body line between the fender and the taillight is hardly noticable.

This keeps the original body lines but cleans up the taillight area. I had planned on doing this to my truck and even bought a spare set of taillights, but never got around to doing it. I THINK I still have those taillights at my old house if anyone wants to buy them?

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Late-90's Caddy taillights could be a plan. Seen them put on Chevy pickups.

[Broken External Image]:

You'd have to work out some backup lights.

Johnny O,

Funny that you should mention putting Caddy taillights on Chevy Pickups, since I just saw one a truck with those exact same Caddy taillights, less than an hour ago:grin:

It looked like he just finished the taillight mod since the truck was nearly all primered..

...Rich

Dude yall have such good ideas I'm going to put all these ideas in my head and figure out what I can come up with. I wish this site would let me know when someone comments so I can get back faster but I'll try and keep up as fast as I can thanks guys

Dude yall have such good ideas I'm going to put all these ideas in my head

Oh boy, Bronson be carefull. We all came here from the looney bin. Some of us are escapees..:bwahaha:

Really though. There is always someone here that can help from A to Z. We have a good web site.

Latest posts