Is Pelosi a Marxist

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep telling people to stop falling for all these political agendas that their opponents are slinging around. That applies to both Democrats and Republicans. Both parties are guilty of putting a different spin on something that the other party may have proposed or said. Then there is always the highly biased, dumb reported, starved for a news story who will get it all wrong or add his/her own little twist to it.

This is the Internet age and there are millions of websites that must be filled with "News" and jsome people who don't have enough content will just make something up and suddenly people think it's a fact. Just look at how our politcal mudslinging has increased since the Internet has become our main source of news. Many of the legitimite news sources can't get it right or publish stories that are later proven to be totally false. Can you imagine what kind of crap is floating through the annonymous Web sites. Every candidate has dozens of fan and fow web sites and we have no way of knowing if what they say is true or not.

If you are a Republican, you will frequent the web sites that try to discredit anything the Democrats do. And if you are a Democrat, you will frequent those sites that support your thinking and discredit the Democrats.

The worst part is that people will bring those stories to sites like this and spread them around, thinking they are the gospel truth, when in reality they misquotes, or fabricated stories from highly biased, questionable web sites

...Rich

Thank you Rich.

Folks, please do some basic fact checking when you see these types of rumors in our email or on the boards. This particular one is over two years old. There's way too much misinformation flowing around on the internet.

A little common sens should tell you that no politician that wants to be re-elected will attempt to levy an additional tax on retirement accounts. Besides, while the average American's retirement account may represent a large fraction of their savings, the very wealthy only have a very small fraction of their money in retirement accounts because of limitations on contributions. The laws that set up tax-deferred retirement limit contributions to prevent the wealthy from sheltering their money. Thus, they do pay a windfall tax on their investment gains; it's called the capital gains tax.

Thanks for the lectures :p Mistakes get made on this board everyday.

This hasnt been the first and probably wont be the last, from anyone. Even from those that are the intelect lecturers on this board. There is about 6 of you, at my last count. Your info and opinions go into these lectures. Especialy when correcting people. Like your trying to proove how smart you are. Nothing wrong with correction, leave the lecture out of it. We are not children.

No wonder we are loosing members.:huh:

Fast Eddie,

I don't think anyone was lecturing anybody here. I think they want to get the story straight and not get people pissing about some story that is not true, but think it is because it was on the Internet. There is no problem posting a link or story, it's just the reaction from those who believe that they are 100% true.

And as Todd already explained, we already pay taxes on retirement income and we have done so for many years. The point is that when you reach retirement age, you will be withdrawing your savings in monthly installments to live on, and your tax burden will be much lower.

...Rich

Rich said:

you will be withdrawing your savings in monthly installments to live on, and your tax burden will be much lower.

We can only hope so.

People who socked away money decades ago thought that too.

But now that they're pulling their money out, the tax burden is considerably higher than it was when they started the program.

Jerry G.

Taxes are not higher now. They are pulling their money out because much of it is invested in the Stock Market which is loosing money. When you save for retirement, you are expecting to live off of that money when you retire (usually 65 or older) and you will often have paid off your home loan and other major debts and will not need as much income to live comfortably. Yes, if you are pulling out $100K a year during retirement, you iwll pay taxes on $100K per year, but the assumption is that you will need less money to live in retirement than when you were younger, raising a family and working.

That's the whole fundemental purpose of an IRA, or a 401K annuity. If you pull your money out before you reach the age of 59.5 years old, you will pay an additional 10% penalty tax. I agree that some people who have lost their jobs during this economic crisis are dipping into their retirment savings like IRA or 401K plans to make it over this crisis and they will pay more taxes due to the additional 10% penalty. But you do not pay any taxes on the money until you withdraw it, which is normally after the age 59.5 years so you do not have to pay the pentalty.

...Rich

Kevin,

You are on the Sport Trac BBS and posting on a thread clearly listed under the subject of "Political". So what is so confusing to you ! If you don't want to discuss political topic on the Sport Trac site, just don't click on the button, and they won't push your buttons....:wacko:

If she is a Marxist she is not the only one. I am a retired teacher in Massachusetts. As a result I collect a monthly check from the Mass. Teachers Retirement System BUT I cannot collect any money I paid into Social Security after 1985 (and I paid quite a bit). Thank you Kennedy, Kerry, and company!:angry:

If she is a Marxist she is not the only one. I am a retired teacher in Massachusetts. As a result I collect a monthly check from the Mass. Teachers Retirement System BUT I cannot collect any money I paid into Social Security after 1985 (and I paid quite a bit).

That sucks...

If she is a Marxist she is not the only one. I am a retired teacher in Massachusetts. As a result I collect a monthly check from the Mass. Teachers Retirement System BUT I cannot collect any money I paid into Social Security after 1985 (and I paid quite a bit). Thank you Kennedy, Kerry, and company!

You paid into both SS and TRS?:huh: That's odd.

My wife's a teacher, currently teaching in IL. She's paid into IL TRS from 1993-1996, and 2006-present. She paid into VA TRS from 1996-2001 also. However, she did not pay into SS during either of those time frames.

And I'm currently working at the University of Illinois, and don't pay into SS, just into the State Universities Retirement System (SURS).

If they made you pay into both the TRS and SS, then it sounds like you got hosed. I would've thought that your teacher's union would've resolved that issue.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
> ONE OF THE BEST EXPLAINATIONS OF WHY OBAMA WON THE ELECTION

>

> From a teacher in the Nashville area

>

> "We are worried about "the cow" when it is all about the

"Ice Cream"

>

> The most eye-opening civics lesson I ever had was while teaching third

> grade this year. The presidential election was heating up and some of

> the children showed an interest. I decided we would have an election for

> a class president.

>

> We would choose our nominees. They would make a campaign speech and the

> class would vote.

>

> To simplify the process, candidates were nominated by other class

> members. We discussed what kinds of characteristics these students

> should have. We got many nominations and from those, Jamie and Olivia

> were picked to run for the top spot.

>

> The class had done a great job in their selections. Both candidates were

> good kids. I thought Jamie might have an advantage because he got lots

> of parental support. I had never seen Olivia's mother.

>

> The day arrived when they were to make their speeches.

>

> Jamie went first. He had specific ideas about how to make our class a

> better place. He ended by promising to do his very best. Everyone

> applauded and he sat down.

>

> Now is was Olivia's turn to speak.

>

> Her speech was concise. She said, "If you will vote for me, I will

give

> you ice cream." She sat down. The class went wild. "Yes! Yes!

We want

> ice cream."

>

> She surely would say more. She did not have to. A discussion followed.

> How did she plan to pay for the ice cream? She wasn't sure. Would her

> parents buy it or would the class pay for it. She didn't know. The

class

> really didn't care. All they were thinking about was ice cream.

>

> Jamie was forgotten. Olivia won by a landslide.

>

> Every time Barack Obama opened his mouth he offered ice cream and 52

> percent of the people reacted like nine year olds. They want ice cream.

>

> The other 48 percent know they're going to have to feed the cow and

> clean up the mess."

>

>

> Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone --- that they

> have not first taken away from someone else.

Actually the best reason Obama got elected can be summed up in one word.

Dubya

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh...I almost forgot how angry and vocal Republicans could be! Brings back memories of the 90's...grunge rock, tattoos, people screaming about how their guns were going to be "taken away". Tear me apart if you will, but I'm an independent, so I don't get nearly as offended by changes in administration as R's and D's.

Latest posts