Insurance coverage

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Clary

Reaction score
I need advice again. We recently moved to Arizona. My full coverage insurance is going to increase from aprox $650.00 per year In Washington state to $1150.00 per year in Arizona. It's full coverage on my 2001 Sportrac and my 2003 ranger. I am currently insured with AARP Hartford who also insures my homes (one is for sale in Washington) They claim I am getting various discounts with what I currently have. Ya right. Anybody getting a good deal on full coverage and is your current insurance company OK? We have a clean record with no accidents or tickets and only some rock repairs on the windshield claims. (Two) in the last 5 years. The Trac has less than 45,000 on it and the ranger has around 70,000 on it. Both are garaged full time. Esurance has much lower rates anyone have opinions on them? Thanks in advance, My sportrac friends never fail me!

Aloha, We get good rates with GEICO. I have compared several others but not Esurance. We have a '95 Jeep and a '02 Track, both worth about the same money. We pay maybe a hundred less that you but Hawai'i is supposed to be higher.

Ed

I just switched to Allstate from farmers and that saved me 650 bucks a year for the same coverage, and still has yet to include my homeowners policy when I switch that. The other reason I switched was when Allstate told me I could also add a 2001 Mustang Corba to the policy and pay less than I was paying for my trac and ford escape. It never hurts to shop around from time to time.

allstate on the following vehicles:

10 scion xb, 08 toyota camry, 06 scion xb, 03 nissan 350z

monthly premium $165 for all. 100/300 coverage collision/comp with unisured-underinsured coverage.

$500 deductible.

20 years clean drivers license for both of us old folks.

always had great price and service from allstate the past 30+ years. also have homeowners and life with them

Last edited by a moderator:
I am using State Farm insurance. Have been using them for about 15 years now. I have them covering my 2004 sport trac with 160,000 miles and have full coverage with no deductible for $350 every 6 months. My 1995 ranger is currently on garage insurance for $45 for 6 months, but with liability coverage it is $135 for 6 months. My home owners insurance is $630 per year.

Driving background, no wrecks, replaced windshield in each vehicle once, a few speeding tickets, one dui/dwi. I am also only 32 years old.

I live in AZ. I carry full coverage on both my 2009 BMW and my 2008 Tundra and it costs me about $100 more than what you were quoted. I am with Amica and have been for about 5 years, their service is excellent. I also have my home insured with them.

Just to give an update.

I have recieved quotes from various companies. They are out of site. The one from allstate was aprox. $1800.00 for a year. Wow, what a shock.

I just had a call from some lady yahoo that wanted my homeowners business also. When I said that I would only take the quote by email and not phone she hung up.

Another problem I have is that with every quote they all check my credit score. In my opinion each inquiry lowers my score because of the activity it shows.

I will get real serious after the first of the year and continue to shop around.

The thing that bothers me is the only change has been the move to Arizona. We are still accident free and with no tickets. We are retired so we have no commuting miles. Very frustrating to say the least, but I'll keep my eyes open for a better rate.

Thanks to all who have responded.

Dave

The biggest factor with insurance rates is location.

Full coverage for just my ST alone with various discounts including a defensive driving class is $1800/yr in NYC.

Rates are basically a set amount on based on age, marital status, geographic area, and driving history and vary by carrier only by discounts and surcharges.

Location is not just about georaphic risk but also how much liability the law requires at a minimum.

i wouldn't worry about the credit score thing, sure you may lose a point or two but all the inquiries will be for the same thing even though they are from different companies and the credit score system takes that into account.

Latest posts