I'm dumb

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham Ritter

Reaction score
Gots me a nice $177 go fast award today from a friendly local officer, forgot it was a work zone...42 in a 20... Bad idea. I was out till 12:00 last night racing my friend who just got a 2004 trac, and my brothers civic, but when I'm just driving along I get the ticket...FML:(

tsk tsk tsk. You're about to be scolded by the ST community :D

Up here if you are caught racing you have a pretty good chance of getting your car & license taken away for a while.

Try getting nailed for 120 in a 55:eek:

car gets impounded, you get a court date for reckless driving, indangering the public, indangering 3 persuit vehicals, your insurance rates triple for 3 yrs, you lose your license for 6 mos (except to drive to and from work only) you pay bigtime to go to drivers school.

All of the above: 7 thousand bux:angry:

.............. and you should! 120 on ANY highway is irresponsible. Yes, I've done it .......35 years ago when I was young and stupid!

Last edited by a moderator:
Graham. You need to go sit in the time out chair for 30 minutes. 8 hours for you Bill. :lol:

Yea Graham, Sorry, but I work construction (inspection), and always slow way down for those guys, posted or not. I understand we all make mistakes, but the big orange cones are not for slolom! Sorry you got a ticket, but hope it reminds you next time whenever you see someone on the side of the road working, remember they have kids too, and slow it way down.

And Bill, you weren't driving the Trac then were you!! Around 90 my trac starts to behave way different, and the little white lines start to look like one. And no, this was on a track, not regular roads.

ur right, at 90 the trac acts different, at 115 things seem to just go poof! lol

thats as fast as my trac goes....

at 135 its crazy!

and 155 is just not smart... fastest ive gone.. but they were in controlled areas on tracks

but yea... sucks about the ticket...ya live ya learn tho

u beat the civic?

Beware of speeding or you will be forced to take it up with this guy....

[Broken External Image]:

Graham, I'll at least give you credit for realizing that you shouldn't have been going that fast in the work zone, and owning up ("I'm dumb"), rather than trying to blame the cop or anything like that...

............. and you should! 120 on ANY highway is irresponsible. Yes, I've done it .......35 years ago when I was young and stupid!

Steve

It is OK on certain parts of the autobahn in a properly equipped car. After about 10 minutes, the mind becomes used to going so fast, the adrenaline stops, so then you can just cruise along with the flow of traffic.

Europe Rocks! :cool:

It's that "the mind gets used to going that fast " part that got me once. 130 in a 55 on I-10 for about 20 minutes. Then I got careless and a pothole in a curve got the rear end loose and that was that. I finally gave up trying to get it back in line when the pavement suddenly showed up ABOVE the windshield! I'm still amazed I walked away from that one.

That's not the worst speed differential, though. I once went 135 in a 35, through an industrial area at about 3AM. NO ONE else was out there except a pair of headlights off one of the side streets a block or two away. Apparently it was a cop, because I was pulled over several miles later on a different street!

135 MPH in a 1974 Maverick, and I had pedal left to go...

Heavily modified 302 and C4 tranny... :D

4 wheel DRUM brakes, without power assist... :wacko:

Built a 302 to drop in a Mustang, Mustang deal fell through, Wife's maverick engine 250/6 shot craps, and at 22 years old I figured what the hell...

I could push 60 MPH in first gear without redlining, catch a helluva scratch hitting second, and push 100 in second then catch a pretty good scratch hitting 3rd... Got 3 tickets in 90 days, and a friendly notice from the state of Missouri advising of the points I had totaled...

Had a new son, and it was time to grow up.. Sold the car a month later. but it was SOOO fun pulling up next to an I-Roc Z and blowing them away...

The day will come when you can no problem outrun any leos, the trick is: can you outrun radio waves, crown vics are pigs, but the radios are faster than me:( thats why I got nailed

Latest posts