Ignorant Folks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A K

Reaction score
Is it me, or are folks getting more and more ignorant every day?

This is spurred in part by my back bumper having a nice large white scrape/scuff on it. I made it nearly 2.5 years without any damage to the Trac. I walk outside, and see my back bumper is scuffed, with white paint transferred onto it - at my apartment nonetheless. I was fumed. However, I have since calmed (no need to kill the other person). However, what happened to leaving a note, or something similar?

The car that did it, I suspect, is a tenant also in my apartment. I have seen the white car near where I park on many occasions. A survey of his front bumper shows damage. But what good would be leaving a note on this guy's windshield do? I want to thank him for being an a--hole, and not knowing how to drive. But this will accomplish nothing. Once ignorant, always ignorant. So, in the end, I end up getting it raw, while the ignorant folks live life for themselves.

What ever happened to honesty? Once, I was involved in the minorest of minor traffic accidents. A young woman was trying to rush home with a cake for her daughter's birthday. As I was changing lanes, she tried to get around me. For all purposes, it was my fault, even if she was speeding. I swiped her rear bumper, which was plastic (not in the Trac). She suffered no damage at all, but when she saw me cutting over, had to slam on her brakes. The cake fell from the seat onto the floor, in its box, and was a little smooshed. So, at the end of a very pleasant experience, I offered and did pay, over her objection, for her cake. I felt horrible that her daughter's cake was smooshed. I was a kid once, too.

But why even try to give a damn anymore? No one else seems to. Am I the only one who feels this way? :(

Ranting finished.

I feel your pain. I almost hate washing my truck because every time I do I find a new ding or dent where some careless person hit my door.

Nah I feel the same way I have givin up all hope on the human race. Very nice and kind people are very hard to come by this day in age.

Adam, I feel for ya. I know what you're going through. I've said this before, my wife's jeep got hit by an uninsured driver and it cost us $500 to get it fixed. Nothing ever was done to the a**hole that hit us. NOTHING. I always try to be the good guy like you. I feel in the long run these people will get thiers. We may not be around to see it, but they will. All we can do is just not do it to other people as you did with the lady and the cake. This way she may do the same thing you did for her when it's her turn. That's all you can do. I know it sucks to ALWAYS do the noble thing but in the long run it makes you the better person. Kudos to you for holding your temper and not retaliating. At least it was just a scuff and not a complete fender damaged. (not that it doesn't still warrant a note of appology);)

ooh, that sucks.

You sure it's paint? LOL, years ago I had a coworker go totally balistic acusing me of getting white paint off my truck onto her black car. I'm extremly careful when I open my doors so I knew it wasn't me and sure enough, when we went out to look at her car...

...It was just some bird poop that had streaked down. A paper towl and a bit of water and her huge amount of damage was fixed. Didn't stop her from calling me all sorts of names for proving her an idiot though; Guess you just can't win. :rolleyes:

wow what a coincidence. someone just did the same thing to my wife's car last week. also in the parking lot at my apartment. no note, no nothing. it's a big red scuff, bend and crack in the bumper(since it is plastic). so i'm gonna assume they hit it pretty hard and had to know. my wife is actually more pissed than i was so if i was that person i would fear my life cause who knows what her wrath is like.

You've got the right attitude Adam, hang in there. Nobody goes out and says 'hey lets get in a fender bender today', or 'lets bump a car in a parking lot today'. Whoever did it didn't mean to do it. Yeah it'd be nice to have a note, but hey maybe they didn't have anything to write on. 2 things: First, don't sweat the small stuff, and second everything is small stuff. This world has a whole lot of real meanness in it lately. Let it go, and not only that, go out of your way to be friendlier/nicer to whoever you think might have done it. Think of it this way: Nobody got hurt, no funeral services are being held, and no real serious damage done. Life is what you make of it, and being nice/kind even when it's not warrented or expected gives you a good feeling.:)

Karma will kick each and everyone of their a$$e$. Maybe not today or tomorrow but something bad will happen to them for their ignorant ways.

JT#14

Adam, remember, "ignorance is bliss". Some days, I actually envy those ignorant a@@holes who get to go through life too stupid to have to worry about anyone else...

Is it me, or are folks getting more and more ignorant every day?

I think due to the popularity of such tv shows like American Idol and The Appentice, it's a given.

Latest posts