ignition tumbler 2002 dodge ram 150

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
Any one know of a website, showing the break down and procedure, of tumbler and ignition switch replacement.

My brother is having problems with his '02 ram 150. Tumbler doesnt want to turn. Even tried his spare key. he has to wiggle it up and down to make it turn. Most likely the tumbler. But it could be the switch or the rod.

Thanks...

This is gonna get tricky. Remove the steering column shrouds to access the lock cylinder. Noramlly you put the key in and turn it to the run position adn on the bottom side of the lock cylinder there is a hole that you insert a small punch into to push the retaining pin and then pull the lock cylinder out however if you can't turn the key you have to drill the lock cylinder out....been there done that.

The switches aren't strong enough to prevent the lock cylinder from turning and the days of rods activating the ignition switch are looooooong gone.

If his truck has SKIM (anti theft) you are going to have to get the new key programmed so the dam thing will start.

Thanks Scott,

I relayed your info to my brother. He seemed to understand what you are saying...

Eddie

Latest posts