If you are running Win 7..............

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaRue Medlin

Reaction score
check out this site... I did most of his suggestions and man what a difference. Especially the one using a flash drive. My PS is twice as fast now...

everything is faster......:banana::banana:

Almost 3 years ago we bought a HP Pavillion DV9208nr laptop at Best Buy, it was a 17" widescreen with dual core AMD 1.6 GHz Turion and 120GB HD. We bought the 2 year warranty which doesn't go into affect until the factory 1 year warranty expires. We've had to send it off a couple times, first time was our fault, the kids sit in my recliner with it and pull it around when it's plugged in and broke the plug off the motherboard, so it went in. I'm assuming this is the start of the problems because I'm assumign they put in a reman motherboard as opposed to a new one. The second time was due to the onboard wireless card not working, then a month ago, it would not turn on. They sent it off, it came back, they turned it on and the wireless wouldn't work, so they sent it back. Since it's been back 4 times, they're replacing the laptop with a brand new one :cool::banana: so they're replacing it with a HP Pavillion dv7-3065dx which has a 17" widescreen dual core AMD Turion 2.4 GHz and a 500GB HD. and it'll have Windows 7, so I'm gonna buy the 2 year warranty on this one as well and I'll need new virus software, what do I get?

Is there anything like for Win XP home edition.

mine takes forever to boot up :eek:. I tried a registery cleaner, not much good.

I would try it at the house, but my Dell XPS420 toasted the hard drive last night less than two months after the warranty expired!:angry:

HP Laptops: I bought 2 of them at $359 each,, no taxes and got 2 HP Photosmart Plus printers for $29.99 each. I thought I got a good deal.:banana:

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Hardware

Product Name G61-322NR

Microprocessor 2.00 GHz AMD Athlon II Dual-Core Processor for Notebook PCs M300

Microprocessor Cache 1MB L2 Cache

Memory 4096MB

Memory Max 4096MB

Video Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4200 Graphics

Video Memory ith 128MB Display Cache Memory AMD M880G (128B GDDR2 (sideport memory))

Hard Drive 160GB (5400RPM)

Multimedia Drive LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVDR/RW with Double Layer Support

Display 15.6" Diagonal High Definition HP BrightView Display (1366x768)

Fax/Modem High speed 56k modem

Network Card Integrated 10/100 Ethernet LAN

Wireless Connectivity 802.11b/g WLAN

Sound Altec Lansing

Keyboard 101-key compatible with full size keyboard with integrated numeric keypad

Pointing Device Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical scroll Up/Down pad

PC Card Slots

External Ports 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards

3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0

1 Headphone out

1 microphone-in

1 HDMI

1 VGA (15-pin)

1 RJ-11 (modem)

1 RJ -45 (LAN)

Other Devices HP Webcam with integrated microphone

Dimensions 14.89" (L) x 9.93" (D) x 1.38" (min H) -1.62" (max H)

Weight 5.90 lbs

Security Kensington MicroSaver lock slot

Power-on password

Accepts 3rd party security lock devices

Power 65W AC Adapter

6-Cell Lithium-Ion battery

Last edited by a moderator:
So, How is Win 7? I haven't played much with it.

I actually ended up going to the dark side, and got a Mac.

Todd T, here is what I used to speed my XP Home Addition up. Most I adjusted, I just put to "Manual" instead of Disable. Made a huge improvement in the speed of mine. Of course mine is a PC not a Laptop, but may still comply.;)

Latest posts