Ideas for cheap mods PLZ

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Dedrick

Reaction score
I need some ideas about projects to do my 04 ST...I didn't want to spend over 150 right now...Iv already done the following...

Have fog lights come on with highs

New headlights

Stereo, sub and amp

Tent Windows

Put carpet down over rubber mat ( would like to find actual replacement carpet )

Leds for floor and replaced dome lights with leds

K&N filter

12 volt plug in rear ( between vent controls)

you could remove the intake silencer, that adds a bit of growl under the hood.

I also removed the roof rails and the step bars to set mine apart from other Tracs in the area.

can't go wrong with whats on the link

just look under the projects section and you'll find a bunch of fun DIY projects that people do that you might be interested in

Iv looked at most of them and iv also removed the intake silenced...think my next project might b putting less under the bed cover..its dark back there

MySt majority says start with aftermarket shocks, front and rear.

Monroe Rancho, Reflex or Sensa-Trac's are very popular choices.

Check Amazon for pricing, then install them yourself.

Will improve the Trac's safety and handling dramatically.

For performance mods, the Zabteck TB gets my vote. ($180)

Last edited by a moderator:
The two cheapest and most useful mods I've done are bed lights and adding a power locking actuator to the tailgate. There are a couple pictures in my library of the lights if you want ideas.. I think total cost for bed lights was about $20 and about the same for the locking tailgate.

Thanks...I think I'm going to order some lights soon from superbrightleds.com

Does anyone know where I could get a pressure switch for my center counsel I could hook up some leds to so when I open it I can have some light

Has anyone tried that ebay plug in tuner in one of the above post? I would buy shocks rancho rs5000 series are only 167 shipped for all four and include a $50 visa card rebate with the purchase.

Latest posts