I need a new clutch - recomendations? Update

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Center force Dual friction......

Todd Z

Rodger,

Seems like only a year ago. Do you ride your foot on the clutch pedal? Or is the mechanism not releasing? Maybe the clutch arm is hanging on its pivot, and the throw out bearing is ridding the clutch. Or the slave is not backing off enough.

Time flies when you are having fun. I replaced the clutch back on '06. The tranny was rebuilt in '07 or '08. No, I do not ride my foot on the clutch pedal. I learned how to drive on a manual tranny back in the mid '60s, so I know better than to let my foot fide on the clutch pedal. The mechanic that I am working with said that upon inspection the clutch splines are bent. He also said that he does not like Center Force clutches. Right now a Spec Clutch is out of my budget.

Anyone know anything about the clutches on RockAuto.com?

Then LUK IS the ONLY other clutch I would EVER use......

AND centerforce ROCKS...... I dont like your mechanic now.....

Todd Z

Then LUK IS the ONLY other clutch I would EVER use......

Todd, Please be more specific as to "LUK"? Thanks.

BTW, The Spec clutch was recommneded by Explorer Express.

I will talk to the mechanic that I am using and see I he is will to install a Centerforce clutch.

Also, I have to get an extention on getting it renewing the registration because there is no way I am going to make it by the end of the month. :sad:

I know some people that have used the Centerforce Dual Friction clutch and it was crap, pure and simple. Luk is a brand, pronouned Luke, made (mostly) in the USA. They are a German company that makes MANY OEM parts for the auto industry. I work with 5 people that used to work at Luk.

Quality at Luk has gone downhill in the recent years, but they still make an acceptable product.

They are not the same quality they were years back. If it were my vehicle, knowing what I know, I would buy something else.

Tom

Ordered this morning, and already got a shipping confirmation from Rock Auto.

FEL-PRO BS40647 (rear main bearing seal) Shipped

SACHS K7031301 (clutch kit) Shipped

I get them installed next week, but I would have liked to have our ST for this weekend. I will give feeback on how I like the clutch. One reason that I chose the Sachs clutch is that when I did a web search on "performance clutch kits" it showed up, looked good, and the price was reasonable.