I love USAA

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Stadnicki

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with USAA and they are depositing $24884 into my checking account for my totaled 2007 Limited 4x4 V8 ST with 50k miles!!

USAA buying service has me hooked up with thier buying service for a new 2010 all options limited 4x4 ST for $33,978 + taxes, registration, and processing. I'll be putting down $10k on it. The dealer will deliver to my house 1.5 hours away for free and have all paperwork ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
HOLY CRAP! Thats wicked awesome!!! Congrats buddy!!! I'm jealous though, a BRAND NEW '10 Limited... :smile0002: :smile0006::smile0006::smile0006:

Good deal...USAA has always done good by me. The only complaint I have at this time is. Imin the proccess of rebutal on my the value of my house. The tool they use is a bit much for premiums in my area. I have a form for a certfied builder to give rebuild estimate. If it is less than theirs. They will change my premium.

Otherwise they always came thru on payout of claims.

I had them for years and years. Never had to file a claim; never had a speeding ticket, etc. I started shopping around and found a much lower rate with another company. When I called to cancel USAA, they thenoffered to lower my rate. When I told them what my new company was offering, they couldn't come close.

I thought, "after all these years of being a low risk, loyal customer, they were not providing me the lowest rate available". Thanks a bunch and good riddens.

So, call and threaten to cancel; you'll get a lower rate.

Da-yum! :smile0002: I'd never heard of USAA before this thread. Is it available to all? I've had Allstate for 39 years..............:smile0016:

USAA quoted me more than $400 higher than State Farm every 6 months. Since being with State Farm, they've even lowered it another $120.

I have to say that I love USAA. I have had them for years and I have the lowest insurance I could find. They have always treated me right. I had my ST hit about a yr ago. within a hour of calling them, they had set up a place to have it fixed, rental car waiting on me and I had to do nothing but drop off the ST. I had to file a claim when we lived in Hawaii due to a huge storm knocking out our power for 5 days. USAA put money back into my account to cover the food I lost that I had bought the day before the storm. Plus their banking is pretty good too.

USAA is only offered to active, reservist and retired military members. Sorry Steve M. You have to meet that criteria.

I do not know of anyone that has had an issue with USAA.

Everyone seems to be very pleased.

Use to be a military thing, now most everyone can use their insurance as well as their bank, (which is also good).

Use to be a military thing, now most everyone can use their insurance as well as their bank, (which is also good).

CJ, they recently opened USAA up to all vetrans. It was originaly officers only. Then they opened it to all active military. Now it is open to all honorable discharged vetrans. No matter when you served or how long. I recieved a email and letter about it last month.

I dont think it is open to the non vetran or non military public.

You need to shop around. The majority of employees that work for Allstate do not have Allstate insurance.

I probably do need to shop around a bit but do you have anything to substantiate that statement?

They tried to slip me the green weenie in a recent claim in which my wife was at fault. The settlement the adjuster offered us on our Mustang was ridiculous! After speaking with a senior adjuster and informing him of my length of coverage with Allstate I got a bigger cash payment AND retained the car (which I fixed for pennies on the dollar of their estimate). Since then a deer crashed into the passenger side of the same car and they deposited a generous settlement into my bank account in two days. Downside, premium went up $50 a month after the at fault accident. But that's expected I guess.

I probably do need to shop around a bit but do you have anything to substantiate that statement?

Nothing "Official", but my wife worked for Allstate for 5 years before she was wrongfully terminated because she was making too much money.

They were closing the call center she worked at. ALL of the employees that were above average with 5+ year service got fired. Then the mediocre employees with over 5 years service then got it. A year later, the center closed down.

Why 5 years?

Company policy said if the center closed, all employees with 5 or more years of service got severence pay.

Tom

I have had USAA auto insurance for years (about 10 or so). I have never had a problem with the auto side of their business and as such, decided to go with them for my mortgage and home owners insurance, check and savings accounts as well. They screwed up every possible thing they could with my mortgage, escrow account, homeowners insurance and bank accounts to the point that I canceled my escrow account so I pay my own insurance and taxes, closed both my checking and savings accounts and as soon as I can refi my house and not lose my pants, I am going to drop that as well. Worst part about it all, their customer service is horrible at its best.

Only after arguing with the VP of customer relations and telling them to go ahead and foreclose on me because I refused to send them another cent until they got my insurance, taxes and escrow account right (all their mistake, nothing on my part) did they finally agree to close all my accounts and my escrow account. The problem was I was getting checks sent to me from my escrow account for anywhere from 100 to 400 bucks EVERY month, then the next month, I would get a call from USAA stating my escrow account was negative balance for the exact amount of the check they had previously sent. so the last check I received from escrow account was just shy of 400 bucks, and I refused to send it back and just cashed it and told them not only would they not get that back, but I would not pay another dime on my mortgage until they closed it, about a month of arguing and they finally agreed to eat the 400 and close my escrow account.

Then, I got married, needed to change the name of my spouse on our finance paperwork with USAA, I sent them all the docs they needed to change it, but miraculously enough, they changed it to an incorrect name, called them, they replied, sir we can't legally change her name unless you send us the proper documents, which I had already sent, I finally gave up and said, the burden will be on you when I sell this house and you have to provide title history showing that my spouse whose name is different then what you changed it too is legally allowed to sell the house.

Horrible service on everything EXCEPT auto. will never do business with them again.

Caymen, that's still better than no pay, since the centre died a year later, and would your wife still working there have prevented that? Considering family member experience with Allstate, I think not. Dennis Haysbert on those commercials is the only thing they have going for them. Allstate is up there with Comcast in terms of outright suck.

Though I'm surprised that USAA is loved, and more surprised at the onslaught of anecdotes telling how it blows.

Caymen, that's still better than no pay, since the centre died a year later, and would your wife still working there have prevented that?

I do not quite understand that sentence.

It would have been nice for her to have worked there one more year, built another year service on the pension plan and then recieved severence pay, PER the company policy.

Tom

Caymen, I guess I missed something too.

OHhhhh, you're saying that she got fired and got jack, yet if she'd been able to ride out the last year that crappy Allstate's call centre survived, she would have gotten the severance pay and all other entitlements.

The epiphany has occurred, at least, I think it has :smile0005:

No, not saying that. Call center was going to close no matter what. Company policy says if a location closes, all employees with 5 years or greater service get severence pay.

She had 5 years in. She was wrongfully fired, therefore not getting severence pay.

If they would have followed policy (or were they following an unwritten internal policy?) she would have continued to be a good employee, got another year of service under her belt and got severence pay, per the written company policy. She could have possibly moved to another position within the company before the call center closed.

5 years of max raises every year. Leader in the call centers for productivity, number of calls, attendance, etc. We had the paperwork to prove it.

Tom

Caymen,

It's funny how you keep bringing up that story. Remember, there are at least two sides to any story.

I've not met a company YET that had "company policies" that meant anything. A company policy isn't a contract with an employee. So, I understand that your basis of the story is that your wife got screwed over by the company so they could avoid having to follow through with company policy. I'd submit, however, that most companies will dismiss company policy any chance they get, and for no real reason.

Case-in-point, my company put a "2009 Time Off Policy" in place at the end of 2008. Halfway through the year the company changed the policy, yanking a bunch of PTO from the holiday schedule.

My point: If people (employees or managers) think there is such a thing as "company policy" that defines the rules the company is supposed to play by, and the benefits that an employee is supposed to get and the conditions they should get them under then I submit that both the employee and the managers are naive in that way of thinking.

Company policies aren't contracts. They don't hold up in court, and they are rarely are worth the paper they are written on, nor the breath it takes to speak them. Any manager that would concoct a reason to fire someone to avoid following through on a company policy is an IDIOT...because one can be fired without cause, and company policies can be retracted for no reason whatsoever.

TJR